FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

A little review of our Up Tsi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
kernow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by 911ts3 911ts3 wrote:

As far as the performance goes, there's been plenty of debate about the rated bhp of the Tsi, more like 105bhp than 90, so it could be that the real difference in perfomance will be minimal. I'm looking forward to what new GTi owners think of the performance, in a few months when they've owned them for a while, even more when some will have had them on rolling roads.
So, it's horses for courses, and for me, the TSi suits better.

You are correct in that the TSi rated at 90bhp actually produces around 105bhp, give or take a digit or two, due to VAG power output figures being conservative, or underestimated, the same of course will apply to the new Up GTi rated at 113bhp will in real terms probably put out close to 130bhp. Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

David Wright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

You are correct in that the TSi rated at 90bhp actually produces around 105bhp, give or take a digit or two, due to VAG power output figures being conservative, or underestimated, the same of course will apply to the new Up GTi rated at 113bhp will in real terms probably put out close to 130bhp. Thumbs Up

For anyone just reading this thread who hasn't read the other thread on TSI power outputs, this figure is NOT obtained by measuring the power at the flywheel, which is how VAG measure it for their published figures.
kernow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by David Wright David Wright wrote:

[QUOTE]

For anyone just reading this thread who hasn't read the other thread on TSI power outputs, this figure is NOT obtained by measuring the power at the flywheel, which is how VAG measure it for their published figures.

As I didn't state that it was.....your point is...?
IanE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:28pm
Still loving it - the GTI looks fabulous and fun and I'm so glad it exists, but for me, I think the Tsi remains the preferred option. Understated and fast enough :)
chris93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by IanE IanE wrote:

Still loving it - the GTI looks fabulous and fun and I'm so glad it exists, but for me, I think the Tsi remains the preferred option. Understated and fast enough :)

Which speakers did you put in and how easy was it to do? I have heard they are riveted in

IanE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:50pm
Hi Chris - sorry for the delay. Base Systems in Preston fitted the speakers for me so afraid I can't comment on the ease of fitting. They are JL Audio C1 - 650. They come up on a Google search. I'm very pleased with them, they are amazingly clear across the frequency range at any volume, though there is still a slight "boom" at a certain frequency (the problem I had with the factory fitted speakers), but I think I'm quite picky. Still thinking about an under seat sub but there doesn't look to be a lot of room!
911ts3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911ts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:38pm
Just took the plunge again and ordered another Tsi. We weren't going to change the wife's 15 plate 75bhp High Up this year, but we're loving the white silver Tsi we bought in November, and a little looking round resulted in a really good deal on a new, 18 plate 5 door Tsi High Up in Costa Azul with black roof and door mirrors.
List price with extras should have been £14111.
Bought today for £11,000, with 1st years £140 road tax thrown in, and also £250 worth of tyre and alloy wheel insurance. This time, a better deal than buying a pre-reg, or ex-demo.
Should be here in 4/5 weeks.
Can't wait,
Steve

Edited by 911ts3 - 22 Feb 2018 at 6:54pm
67 plate 5 Door 90bhp Tsi High Up with Sportpack, 18 Plate 5 Door 90 bhp High Up Tsi in Costa Azule,   1963 Alfa Giulia Ti Super Race Replica.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:44pm
Thats a great deal!!  Is it a cash deal or PCP/lease?

Got to worry about Up residuals though if they are offering 30% off new ones.  I think I'd better keep mine for a long time.  What did they offer you for the old Up or did you not own it at the end of the payments?

Edited by David Wright - 22 Feb 2018 at 6:53pm
911ts3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911ts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:07pm
Cash deal, we have always bought cash. Note I had brain fade when I made the last post, it was a total of £11000, not £10000, (edited now), but still £3111 off and another £390 worth thrown in.
I paid £5500 to change. So they valued it in p/ex at £5500. I paid £9350 in 2015 when it was three months old and minimal mileage. The 75bhp High Up had done 25000 miles and was just three years old.
This will probably be our last new car, so decided to take the plunge and take advantage of the great deal.
Vertu VW Lincoln, same dealer as we got the last Tsi from.
Listers at Leamington Spa tried very hard too, but couldn't get nearer than £400 more, without the road tax & tyre & alloy insurance, for the same spec car, so effectively £790 cheaper from Lincoln.
Very pleased.
Steve
67 plate 5 Door 90bhp Tsi High Up with Sportpack, 18 Plate 5 Door 90 bhp High Up Tsi in Costa Azule,   1963 Alfa Giulia Ti Super Race Replica.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:49pm
That is still a fantastic deal and the trade in price is very encouraging too.  Thanks for answering in such detail - very helpful.
3 door July 16 VW High Up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic