FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

A little review of our Up Tsi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Bobw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Ed463 Ed463 wrote:

Ours is at around 5,500 miles now and so far it's been a great choice. The TSI engine transforms the UP. It's a brilliant engine, so flexible, and quick enough when you're in the mood (still toying with a remap to 130bhp though).
I'm not over stating things when I say it's a spiritual successor to our Mk1 Golf GTi
It's so much better than the so called "city car" description would imply. Comfortable and refined on B roads or motorways. And the packaging, as you say, is excellent.
Fuel economy isn't as good as I'd hoped but still OK at 48mpg ish.

In its class (and I'm not looking through rose tinted glasses or being a VW fanboy) it's way ahead of its competitors in most areas. Certainly the important areas

Have you thought any more about the 130ps remap?. I love my High Up! TSi to pieces, but I'd love to have it make 130 brake - just to annoy the GTI drivers...
There seem to be two companies currently offering the remap, Elite Remaps and Celtic Tuning. I'm leaning towards Celtic Tuning having used them before to remap a 1.6 Fiesta diesel.
Sponsored Links

Ed463 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:58pm
Haven't taken the plunge yet but did get a price from Celtic Tuning. £360.
They've remapped my Sprinter to around 230bhp and 500Nm, it's impressive
I'll probably go for it, just a little hesitant as the UP isn't used that much.
If/when I do I'll post on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic