FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

A little review of our Up Tsi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
911ts3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911ts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:12pm
Congrats on a great looking Tsi. You'll not regret it !
67 plate 5 Door 90bhp Tsi High Up with Sportpack, 18 Plate 5 Door 90 bhp High Up Tsi in Costa Azule,   1963 Alfa Giulia Ti Super Race Replica.
Sponsored Links

Bobw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by PhilDon PhilDon wrote:

Hi
Just over a month ago I got my Up! after 10 years of driving two different Golfs, both with DSG boxes.
Initial impressions are extremely favourable.
I live in a city, do very small annual mileages these days and the Up! seems ideal for my needs.
A major plus, coming from an auto, is that the car is torquey enough not to need constant gear changes in town.
I'm struggling a bit with the technology though. The phone holder with USB socket on the dash seems a great idea, but it cuts out my bluetooth music - annoying. 
The other weird thing is that even when using the VW Maps & More App, which at first sight seems great, there's no sound when using the sat nav.

The other niggle is squeaky brakes when braking gently. Unhelpfully I was told at my local dealers that "yes they will squeak". 

Great wee car and I'm sure I'm going to love it but any comments on the above?

My brakes also sometimes squeal when braking gently from low speeds, although after 6 months and 4000 miles it seems to be going away.

I too had the issue regarding no sound from the sat nav when my car was delivered. Frustrated the life out of me for a few days until I started to think. My wife has a Tiguan on which the sat nav volume can only be adjusted whilst it's speaking. Using the same logic I tried to adjust the volume on the Up when approaching junctions or other road changes where you would expect the sat nav to speak. I mis-timed it a few times but then success! - the sat nav started to talk to me. The voice does have a funny accent though...
nortonpuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nortonpuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:30pm
Good to hear this having just bought a Beats TSI 5 door in red, ex-demo registered Dec 18, with 600 miles on it for 8K. I now don't see it as city car, more of Motorway car that fits the city. Still got to get a modern smart phone to get the maps and more up and running, but so far really impressed. 
The only one thing I have found - DO NOT touch the bonnet in front of the driver when you get out of the car, it is very hot, too hot to keep your hand on it.
I find it hard to believe it is a VW when driving it, compared to the wifes SV which is very Germanic, being practical, good at what is is designed for, but boringly so, the TSI is a hoot to drive and makes me smile.
nortonpuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nortonpuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:28pm
Maps and more now working, easily done, just set your volumes for media etc to the mid position on your phone and mid position on radio and you should hear something. 
Sadly already on the second windscreen, a chip turned to a crack in less than 24 hours, good nes the windscreens are easily and quickly changed. 
Ed463 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Darren C Darren C wrote:

Can you elaborate on the map please; in gear acceleration, fuel economy comparisons. Cheers.

Well it doesn't seem to have affected economy my son's using it for a new job commute at the moment. I obviously need some driving tips from him!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic