FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Anybody had their clock randomly reset?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
djcowlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcowlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody had their clock randomly reset?
    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm
This morning the clock was completely out and had to be reset. Has anybody else had this?
2016 High Up! 75PS
2016 BMW 340i Touring
Sponsored Links

djcowlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcowlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:48pm
I'm assuming that no-one else has had this. It did it again today - reset to 0:00 after I'd left the car for the morning. I asked the garage to check for fault codes when I had it serviced last week - nothing.

I'm stumped.
2016 High Up! 75PS
2016 BMW 340i Touring
davidbuckden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidbuckden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 10:31pm
Just noticed your post after I'd referred to the same thing on the Technical Forum - see 'Power Interrupt.' Same thing and I've not found any explanation so far.

Regards.

David
djcowlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcowlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 10:50pm
Thanks, David. As it happens, I have a fix for this (at least it has worked for me so far); resetting the clock via the MFD, not via the stalk, seems to 'stick'. Mine's been OK for a couple of weeks now, whereas when I reset it via the stalk it would last a day or so at best.
2016 High Up! 75PS
2016 BMW 340i Touring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic