FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

ASG/automatic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ianlg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianlg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:35am
Bought a VW Up last week with ASG transmission (high up). Not as smooth to drive like other automatics out there, a bit slow to change gear and can be jerky when you are heavy on the pedals. On a positive note it has plenty of power, no problem overtaking in motorways. Takes a bit of time to get used to but now I like it very much.
Sponsored Links

Easty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by ianlg ianlg wrote:

Bought a VW Up last week with ASG transmission (high up). Not as smooth to drive like other automatics out there, a bit slow to change gear and can be jerky when you are heavy on the pedals. On a positive note it has plenty of power, no problem overtaking in motorways. Takes a bit of time to get used to but now I like it very much.

Good to hear a more positive opinion to ASG. I have now taken the plunge with an 66 reg UP ASG.
I have driven it several miles and although not as smooth as a "conventional" box is still OK if not hurried.
I hope to keep you updated with my experience as time goes by.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic