FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Build Date Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JackieT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackieT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build Date Confirmed
    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 5:13pm
Hi

My new High Up build date has been confirmed, I should get it by early March - I ordered it in November.

Just a quick question to the experts out there:

Is there anything I should check straight away at the garage before I get swept up in the excitement and just drive it away?

I remember that my husband was so exited and blinkered by his new Golf that he didn't check under the bonnet and found that the battery hadn't been properly connected.

Thanks in advanceSmile

Azur Blue 1.0 90 BHP TSi Hi Up (In build)
Black 17' Alloys, black roof, black wing mirrors
Sponsored Links

whats up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whats up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:21pm
 A good dealer will check everything in the pre delivery inspection but sometimes they miss things out. When I got my new UP! the radio didn't work, I didn't notice until I got home, so had to book it in to get them to fix it.        
Roger Green - 2016 Move Up! 3 door black.
DubUp! View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubUp! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:34am
My advice is to check everything electrical. If it’s got alloys, check none are scuffed. Finally, go around the car a couple of things and check the bodywork and paint.

Jonesy
wellfan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:38am
Check every body panel thoroughly, same with all of the interior. I have had to reject a few cars over the past many years. The reason we have the UP! is because the Fiat 500 we had ordered arrived at the dealership with a large dent in drivers door. The sales manager just laughed and said this happens all the time, and easily fixed. So I advised him to fix it and sell it to someone else.
Because of so many bad experiences I ask the salesperson to contact me as soon as the car arrives with them so I can give it a thorough look over. Saves any grief on day of collection, when it gets another check over, as if car is registered to you and you reject it before handing over your cash they are lumbered with a used car. Also my reason for never leaving more than £100 deposit, using a credit card.
Sorry if I seem to be all doom and gloom, just giving my tuppence worth. In recent years I have rejected two Fiat cars, a Citroen and a Volvo. I also should have rejected another Fiat that I only discovered after handing over the cash, had a damaged body panel.

Edited by wellfan - 04 Feb 2018 at 5:06pm
Marty84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:32pm
I generally travel down south for my cars, having travelled to Portsmouth from Glasgow to trade in my M135i for an Abarth 595! I always ask the sales person I am dealing with to do a thorough walk round of the vehicle and report back to me even minor flaws. I make it clear that I will reject the car if I travel a long distance only to find issues myself. Touch wood, I have never had a problem. I always do a thorough walk round of the vehicle myself and ask the dealer to tune my phone on. Then I hit the road and make the (usually long) journey home. Fingers crossed, VW Doncaster deliver the service I am hoping for.

Edited by Marty84 - 10 Feb 2018 at 2:33pm
Current Car: Golf R Estate
On Order: Up GTi: Pure White, Black Roof, Climate Control, Beats Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic