FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Clutch click new 90 TSI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Diggler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clutch click new 90 TSI
    Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 8:22am
Morning gang. I hope this finds you all well. I've just been noticing on my six week old TSI that the clutch has started making a click, albeit a quiet one. When stationary and with the car door open you can really hear it a lot. I thought that BW had resolve this issue since the newer version came out? Anybody know anything please?
Sponsored Links

alphabrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphabrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 1:38pm
I have a 2017 75bhp high up and when I first got it there was no click but after about 2 months mine has started to click. I was used to it anyway as my 2014 take up used to click so I have just grew accustomed to it.
2017 honey yellow high up
Jimlad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
You mean the pedal itself? My 2013 did this and the VW dealer (gloucester) fixed it under warranty
uphu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uphu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Diggler Diggler wrote:

the clutch has started making a click, albeit a quiet one
This is normal. This is the sound of quality, this is why people buy VW. This is intentional to make you aware that you pressed the clutch.
Tommus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
My TSI does it too, so did all the ups that I tried at the dealers. I’ve gotten used to it now, doesn’t bother me at all
Diggler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 6:04pm
Hello guys I came to the VW garage today and they have advised me that the clutch click is normal and there is no adjustment to be made
passerby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 12:54pm
Oh dear I thought this problem had been taken care of. My car is a 2015 Seat Mii and fortunately no click.
911ts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911ts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:22pm
If it's the pedal box click, it is NOT NORMAL. Take it back and insist on it being replaced.
Hundreds of the earlier cars had their pedal boxes changed under warranty, including my daughters 2016 Club Up, which is now click-less !
67 plate 5 Door 90bhp Tsi High Up with Sportpack, 15 Plate Red 5-door VW High Up with Sportpack,   1963 Alfa Giulia Ti Super Race Replica.
Tommus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:26pm
I had mine replaced and the new one did it
911ts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911ts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:30pm
Then take it back again ! It ain't right, neither of my two previous High Up'd did it, new 90bhp Tsi doesn't ....... yet.
67 plate 5 Door 90bhp Tsi High Up with Sportpack, 15 Plate Red 5-door VW High Up with Sportpack,   1963 Alfa Giulia Ti Super Race Replica.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic