FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Clutch click new 90 TSI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
luckyjimmy View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckyjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:45am
My car is a 2016 pre-refresh car and the clutch pedal clicked almost constantly. What made it worse was that I did, until recently, a lot of stop/start city driving.

Now, having reached 25k miles, the clutch pedal has stopped making that annoying clicking sound. So, perhaps, the clicking sound is just some component 'bedding in'. My last 2012 Up made the same clicking sound until I traded it in at 22K miles.
White High Up! ordered 5th March 2016. Arrived...happy!
Sponsored Links

911ts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 911ts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:00am
I wouldn't have thought so, as VW readily changed pedal boxes / components on cars that had the click issue.
67 plate 5 Door 90bhp Tsi High Up with Sportpack, 15 Plate Red 5-door VW High Up with Sportpack,   1963 Alfa Giulia Ti Super Race Replica.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic