FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

dashbard lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dashbard lights
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:19am
Hi - since the spell of cold weather whenever I switch on the ignition on my VW Up! all the panel lights are illuminated and a short 'ping' is heard.  When I start the engine all these - apaart from the standard signs- disappear.  What's going on?  I thought maybe the frost had got at the battery?

Sponsored Links

Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:31am
The ping will likely be the alert to tell you it is frosty and to take care. From recollection this triggers at 4 degrees. The rest sounds like normal behaviour...
Honey Yellow TSI - 5 Door [2017]
Certus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Certus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:34pm
As already stated, the ping is perfectly normal and is to warn of potentially icy conditions. The temperature displayed in  red on the instrument panel should also have a snowflake icon displayed alongside it when this occurs.

Regards
Brian
UP!TK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UP!TK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 11:50am
All the lights illuminate anyway don't they? I'll check mine later but I'm sure they all come on at first.
Shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Thank you that's good to know.Smile

Shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:53pm
They do but my etc and battery stay on after the others go out.  It maybe the cold weather.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic