FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

electric window switches illuminated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 1:48pm

Full of leds
Sponsored Links

lupogtiboy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lupogtiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
Please share how you did this! What mods are needed, and where did you get the illumination feed to switch them on and off?

Thanks
2003 Lupo GTI (Kaiya) and 2012 High Up! (Uma)
www.driftbridge.co.uk
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 7:47pm
The window switches are from golf 6 . I used the upper part whitch allow the led light to illuminate
The mirror switch is from vw polo modded with interior parts from up switch.
The lock/unlock switch is from transporter t6 with part number 7E0962125B
Its illuminated but you have to cut some mm the frame for perfect fitment
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:12pm

Oem looking
chriswood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:07pm
well I have a new high up 90 bhp and they are not on mine 
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:38am
Hi
All vw up cars have non illuminated switches at door panels
I can imagine vw want to reduce cost of cars with cheapest switches
JSB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:57pm
Hi all, New to the Up and so far I hate My High Up. No where near as good as my old Lupo, the power steering went after 6 months as I was driving it towards a bend and I can't find the door switches in a hurry. I always lock my door when I get in the car as twice I have had someone try to get in my car whilst I pulled up and I was terrified, I need to be able to locate them fast when I collect hubby from the station, especially when its raining. there are far more distracting things in the car than lit up door switches, Our T6 has them, as does my 14 year old Lupo and our freelander. so why not a £14k car?
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:43pm

Golf 7 mirror switch knob modded
UP!TK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP!TK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by JSB JSB wrote:

Hi all, New to the Up and so far I hate My High Up. No where near as good as my old Lupo, the power steering went after 6 months as I was driving it towards a bend and I can't find the door switches in a hurry. I always lock my door when I get in the car as twice I have had someone try to get in my car whilst I pulled up and I was terrified, I need to be able to locate them fast when I collect hubby from the station, especially when its raining. there are far more distracting things in the car than lit up door switches, Our T6 has them, as does my 14 year old Lupo and our freelander. so why not a £14k car?

The dealership (Or you if you have the software) can program the car to auto lock when you set off and get over about 5mph. 
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 5:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic