FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Farewell!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gman88667733 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman88667733 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farewell!
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 4:46pm
I finally took the plunge and went for a bigger, more powerful car. I have just bought a 4x4 140hp Skoda Yeti.
I love my UP, but it was becoming less and less practical for my lifestyle, sadly.

I hope it goes to a nice home! I'll try and stay around on the forum, but for now, goodbye!
Former owner of a 2012 Take UP! Tornado Red. Moved to a Skoda Yeti 4x4!
Sponsored Links

passerby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passerby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:23pm
I think the Yeti is a great choice. Hope you find it to your liking, it's such a well built practical car to own. Good luck.

Harry
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman88667733 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by passerby passerby wrote:

I think the Yeti is a great choice. Hope you find it to your liking, it's such a well built practical car to own. Good luck.

Harry

Thank you, Harry. I test drove it multiple times and it was lovely. The dealer was nice in that they let me go off on my own on as long a test drive as I wanted
whats up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whats up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:39pm
 I like the Yeti although some people say its abominable....   Smile   I hope you enjoy it. 
Roger Green - 2016 Move Up! 3 door black.
DubUp! View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubUp! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:00pm
My wife had a Yeti for 3 years and it never skipped a beat; great cars!

Jonesy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman88667733 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:04pm
Thank you everyone, I will of course miss my UP and will still always recommend it to anybody that asks!
PeterWestSussex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterWestSussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:26am
And now a goodbye from me too.  I was planning to keep our High up! for a good while yet but two weeks ago my wife (with her 95 year old dad) suffered a hit-and-run crash in town at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon. Up! declared a write-off (cat C).  LV have given me a fair valuation (altho I'm STILL awaiting it! 'cheque's in the post sir').
Thankfully, I had been thinking about my next car - an automatic (but a DSG or CVT, not an ASG as in the up! and new Ignis and other town cars).  Local VW dealer has found me a used POLO (thanks to this Forum's ex-Moderator Privatedoc for your endorsement of the Polo 1.2 TSI; and to 'Dash' for your endorsement and PMs) with the spec I wanted.  I can transfer my service plan to it (but not the balance of the extended warrantee I'd bought on the up!)

Would I recommend the up! ?  Most certainly ... but  NOT for me again until VW put the illuminated switches on the drivers door which they put on every other model of their cars plus a DSG auto box (like the 15 plate Polo I am getting). 

There was a just-delivered TSI up! at the dealership yesterday. Still no illuminated door switches ... but it does now have the driver's vanity mirror and rear parcel shelf lifter strings, both of which I fitted to my up! - and of course the up! now has the front passenger window switch on the driver's door - what a crass omission that was! Reminds me of the Morris delivery van where the front passenger seat was extra; and like the 3-forward gears Ford Popular (on which my wife learned to drive) where the heater was extra.

PS - and of course, the up! also lacks the 'One-touch' facility on the driver's window.  So standard is it that the POLO 2015 brochure does not even mention it when listing ALL(?) the features of each model. Standard everywhere except on the up!, even the High up!

Edited by PeterWestSussex - 08 Aug 2017 at 6:09pm
Sadly, our Jan 2013 Red High-up!written-off by hit-and-run on a Saturday aft in town. Was thinking of upgrading to a Polo, so have now got a used 1.2 TSI 110 DSG but much sooner than planned.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman88667733 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:52am
Good luck with the Polo, the TSI engine really is good! Plus the DSG gearbox is also very good.
I doubt you will be disappointed.
Certus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by PeterWestSussex PeterWestSussex wrote:

And now a goodbye from me too.  I was planning to keep our High up! for a good while yet but two weeks ago my wife (with her 95 year old dad) suffered a hit-and-run crash in town at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon. Up! declared a write-off (cat C).  LV have given me a fair valuation (altho I'm STILL awaiting it! 'cheque's in the post sir').
Thankfully, I had been thinking about my next car - an automatic (but a DSG or CVT, not an ASG as in the up! and new Ignis and other town cars).  Local VW dealer has found me a used POLO (thanks to this Forum's ex-Moderator Privatedoc for your endorsement of the Polo 1.2 TSI; and to 'Dash' for your endorsement and PMs) with the spec I wanted.  I can transfer my service plan to it (but not the balance of the extended warrantee I'd bought on the up!)

Would I recommend the up! ?  Most certainly ... but  NOT for me again until VW put the illuminated switches on the drivers door which they put on every other model of their cars plus a DSG auto box (like the 15 plate Polo I am getting). 

There was a just-delivered TSI up! at the dealership yesterday. Still no illuminated door switches ... but it does now have the driver's vanity mirror and rear parcel shelf lifter strings, both of which I fitted to my up! - and of course the up! now has the front passenger window switch on the driver's door - what a crass omission that was! Reminds me of the Morris delivery van where the front passenger seat was extra; and like the 3-forward gears Ford Popular (on which my wife learned to drive) where the heater was extra.

Hello,

My dealer loaned me a new Polo as a courtesy car for a week while I awaited delivery of my new Move Up! back in March.

I really enjoyed using the car, but felt the illuminated switches on the door panels maybe unnecessarily added to the myriad of switch back lighting already present throughout the cabin. Maybe it's an age thing, but I prefer less in the way of interior lighting. Having said that, the Polo was a great car to drive and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it if a slightly larger car was required.

Good luck for the future.

Regards
Brian

Ed463 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:27pm
I can't say I miss it

My 2017 UP has some totally unnecessary "mood" lighting along the full length of the dash, weird!

I had a Saab which had a neat feature. A night switch. It turned off all the dash lights except the speedo, it genuinely assisted night driving. In the event that say you got to low fuel or the engine temperature got too high it was clever enough to switch them back on. Shame that General Motors stuffed it all up.

Edited by Ed463 - 08 Aug 2017 at 5:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic