FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

High up 90ps ordered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
devondunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High up 90ps ordered
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm
just got back from dealers ordered a red high up turbo with 17" polygon + black pack and cruise and park with red pixel dash 

not quite the spec i wanted but this one is available now and it was almost my spec and deal was ok 

im not interested in finance but took it to get the £500 and service i assume theres no issue with me just paying it off straight away 

Edited by devondunc - 17 Jul 2017 at 5:05pm
Sponsored Links

Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:37pm
Welcome; sounds like you made a good compromise to buy from available stock. I'm not expecting build until mid-August with a mid-September hand over.

You'll need to check your paperwork and agreement; there may well be a clause which incurs admin or other fees and which make up a final redemption figure.
RevDavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RevDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:57pm
You need to exercise your "right to withdraw" from the agreement, which you do in the first 14 days (or something like that).  You will get charged a small amount of daily interest so do it as soon as you can, but no fees to end the agreement early.

I did this to get the service plan thrown in as well and it cost me about £12 in interest.  This was with VW finance.
devondunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 12:34pm
picking it up this afternoon after work so if your in devon get your umbrella ready ive never picked up a new car with it not raining :)
kernow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:54am
 We are picking our new 67-plate High Up tsi this Friday 1st Sept, it's a 5-door version in red. We didn't have to wait for a build order as it's a standard model, and to be honest none of the extras were of any particular interest, so luckily for us there was one, and apparently only one available on the system.
So looking forward to this coming Friday.....................................Thumbs Up   
Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 10:21am
Congrats on your purchase. Factory ordering is a killer, mine was built last Thursday, week 8 and another 3 to go most probably. I was particular though, so no chance of available stock for me.

Look forward to your pictures and first impressions.
kernow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 8:05am
Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

We are picking our new 67-plate High Up tsi this Friday 1st Sept, it's a 5-door version in red. We didn't have to wait for a build order as it's a standard model, and to be honest none of the extras were of any particular interest, so luckily for us there was one, and apparently only one available on the system.
So looking forward to this coming Friday.....................................Thumbs Up   

Thumbs Up Well we picked up our new car yesterday as arranged, absolutely delighted, the 70-mile journey home was a real pleasure, really torquey little motor pulls like a train through the gears with very little effort.
Found the dealer extremely courteous and obliging, which I guess makes a pleasant change these days.
We of course have a local VW dealer but in the end we couldn't deal with them, found them evasive on figures when asked couldn't secure a deal without them chopping and changing, in other words they would give with one hand only to take it away with the other, in the end we didn't trust what they were saying. In fact we have since heard that many others have found the same and gone elsewhere. It's a pity really we would have liked to keep our business in the local community instead of having to go to the out of county......Thumbs Down Question   

minimax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:23am
Think yourselves lucky that we let you in!Tongue

Glad that you like the car.  Mine arrives later in the month, again from over 100 miles away and for the same reason. My local dealer wanted £2300 more on an up! and £4000 more on a run out model 
Polo (!) . Again, the local dealer was doing me a favour allowing me to enter his premises but the one I bought from was courteous, attentive and professional. They clearly think we came down with the rain. Today's customer shops around for the best deal and has the means to do so. I wonder if they think you will be too lazy to buy elsewhere and so, if you are local, they tend to try to wring you out.
up! to mischief
djcowlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcowlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:24pm
In my experience it comes down to the culture of the individual dealership. One place (I will name no names...) thinks it's doing me a massive favour by letting me test drive its cars and generally treats me in a patronising and high-handed way. Another couldn't do more to help and gets the sales manager to give me a lift to the dealer when picking up a new car. You can guess which one I went with - and it's not my local!
2016 High Up! 75PS
2016 BMW 340i Touring
djcowlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcowlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
P.S. Your 90PS Up! sounds like a cracker. Well done.
2016 High Up! 75PS
2016 BMW 340i Touring
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic