FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

I have a Seat Mii, am I allowed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ahmed.Bossman View Drop Down
UP! Expert
UP! Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed.Bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 10:40am
i never new there was a FR line of the Mii, i will need to haev a look at it, i do quite like the Mii as it is Thumbs Up
Ahmed Bossman - '98 Green & a '98 Red Nissan Primera P11 GT
                           - Blue 3dr Move Up!
Sponsored Links

dave21120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave21120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 3:35pm
Thank you all for your comments and welcome.

Yes there is an FR Mii - I was going to order it instead of the Design version that I ultimately bought because it was the only way you could get the 75HP engine in the Mii range which I thought I wanted.

However, I was not so keen (being old) on the sports seats, sports suspension and 16 inch wheels you got with the FR as well and in the end saved a few hundred quid and ordered a Design with 60HP.  I reasoned that as the two engines had the same torque figure and the 75HP had the extra power above about 5000 RPM, in the real World the 60HP would not feel too different.

I can happily say that 1000 miles in, I am not regretting this choice.  Sure my car is a little short on steam up motorway gradients without a down change, but for the rest of the time I am very much enjoying driving it.  I have the advantage also that 99% of the time there is only me and a laptop in it as well (I suspect 3 extra passengers would make a difference).

I am averaging 65 MPG too, which beats the "efficient" diesel car the Mii replaces easily.  Very happy with 450 miles on about 40 quids worth of petrol Smile

I added the variable boot floor this week with an ebay item which is good and I have a set of winter wheels in preparation.  So far very good.

My only small negatives are the gear change which gets 3rd instead of 5th if you are too quick with the change, the fact that the revs don't drop off between first and second if you're nipping onto a roundabout say a bit quickly, which makes for a very jerky change and so far, I don't recommend paying extra for the Beats audio option (just my opinion).

All minor stuff really.
Tungsten Silver Seat Mii Design 5DR

Driver pack, Convenience Pack, Heated Seats, DAB and BEATS audio
Truth-seeker View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth-seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 3:55pm
Dave21120 - I think you will find that the Mii FR "sports" seats are standard Mii/Up seats, but with just some fancy stitching. I have owned both cars and the seats were the same and I must say very comfy. In fact the Up Gti are standard Up seats with a chequered pattern.

3 door Black, Rear Cam, Park Sensors/Cruise, Climate Control, Sun Roof. Other Vehicle : VW Caravelle T6 & Mini. Past: far too many!
dave21120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dave21120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:11pm
Hello Truth seeker.  I didn't know that - I too find the seats very comfortable.

Tungsten Silver Seat Mii Design 5DR

Driver pack, Convenience Pack, Heated Seats, DAB and BEATS audio
Ahmed.Bossman View Drop Down
UP! Expert
UP! Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed.Bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Truth-seeker Truth-seeker wrote:

Dave21120 - I think you will find that the Mii FR "sports" seats are standard Mii/Up seats, but with just some fancy stitching. I have owned both cars and the seats were the same and I must say very comfy. In fact the Up Gti are standard Up seats with a chequered pattern.

its a shame the GTI just has a stock seat just re-trimmed in the Tartan upholstry. would have been nice if they were slightly different style, or more sportier seats.. still good thoThumbs Up
Ahmed Bossman - '98 Green & a '98 Red Nissan Primera P11 GT
                           - Blue 3dr Move Up!
Truth-seeker View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth-seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Ahmed.Bossman Ahmed.Bossman wrote:

Originally posted by Truth-seeker Truth-seeker wrote:

its a shame the GTI just has a stock seat just re-trimmed in the Tartan upholstry. would have been nice if they were slightly different style, or more sportier seats.. still good thoThumbs Up

Yes, totally agree. The Polo Gti seats would have been perfect, even as an option.
3 door Black, Rear Cam, Park Sensors/Cruise, Climate Control, Sun Roof. Other Vehicle : VW Caravelle T6 & Mini. Past: far too many!
Leandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:21pm
I currently have a Mii by Mango and an Up GTI on order. Great little cars! Though I feel the Up GTI is definitely going to feel like my current car has evolved into a shiny! Pokérocket!

Edited by Leandra - 23 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic