FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Make M&M default source?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EMMHMMS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMHMMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make M&M default source?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 6:47pm
I think I know the answer to this question after looking around in every menu I can find on my radio and Garmin Maps & More device but I go ahead and ask anyway to see if some clever person out there knows a trick...

Is there any way to select Maps & More as default device when starting your car? I find it annoying every time I start my car I have to make M&M the source and if that wasn't enough if I select M&M as source before my phone has established bluetooth connection the radio says no media or similar and skips to AUX-input.

Edited by EMMHMMS - 13 Dec 2017 at 6:47pm
My Up! http://imgur.com/a/KPnlk
Sponsored Links

lupogtiboy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lupogtiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 2:57pm
Mine seems to remember the last source it was used on, so if I've used the maps & more for Bluetooth, it starts on that, aux-in, starts on that.
2003 Lupo GTI (Kaiya) and 2012 High Up! (Uma)
www.driftbridge.co.uk
EMMHMMS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMMHMMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:18pm
I discovered something today.

1. I'm streaming music (M&M as source) and turn off the the car.
2. Come back next morning, start the car, M&M is source for 1-2 second but when the head unit can't detect any sound it switch automatically to AUX.
3. Wait 15 seconds and let the phone establish bluetooth connection, start whatever I want to listen to on my phone
4. After 2-5 seconds head unit which is still on AUX will detect the music on M&M source and automatically switch to M&M.

Problem solved, don't need to touch the head unit at all. Before I didn't know the unit could switch source on it's own.

Edited by EMMHMMS - 11 Jan 2018 at 4:19pm
My Up! http://imgur.com/a/KPnlk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic