FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Maps and more update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mattleythegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattleythegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maps and more update
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Hi,

I got my Up! in January. It had been involved in an accident previously but has been repaired completely, you would have never known. Its a 63 reg (but first registered in March 2014) and comes with the separate Maps and more screen, which I have just recieved today.

I took the car for a spin with the new unit fitted, and everything works fine. However, the maps on the unit are so outdated, Woolworths and Budgens still show up as open stores! I guess the map hasn't been updated on the unit in my area since 2008, which is a concern as the world is completely different now!

I'm on that Navigon Fresh program and the latest maps update is from 2011?! Is this correct, did they make any more updates?

Cheers
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattleythegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:27pm
I've just had a further look through the Fresh program thing and apparently I have to pay them £55 for an update which already is a year out of date!
whats up View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whats up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:34pm
Is the world completely different now? I hadn't noticed. I knew Woolworths had gone but not Budgens. I must get out more.   Embarrassed 
Roger Green - 2016 Move Up! 3 door black.
bumbleMii View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumbleMii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:08pm
there is a site called GPSpower, which gives access to versions of maps for various GPS devices.
'13 Seat Mii sport, tornado red, all the retrofits.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattleythegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:21pm
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic