FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Missing my Daytime Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm
I bought some of these from HIDS Direct. They aren't the cheapest, but are very reliable, offer excellent output and come with a 4 year guarantee.

They also come in amber and red.
Sponsored Links

JACKAL3278 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JACKAL3278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:53pm
Hi 

I recently bought new Led's for the DRL on my Vw up 2015. This was after reading many positive recommendations on the forum. I must say I am so happy and with no errors on the dashboard. The DRL Led are bright white and very modern looking. 

Purchased through  www.hids-direct.co.uk

https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-w21-5w-canbus-30-smd-3014-led-bulbs-pair-white/

delivered for £16.70 

Please see my  picture to assist 
Up-Ponte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Up-Ponte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 9:47am
Hi, do these bulbs work on sidelight mode? ie when switched to 5w. Got some cheapies off eBay which look great on full power until switched to sidelights they don't workAngry
soobell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soobell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 4:49pm
With grateful thanks to Spoons (& others) who suggested checking out YouTube. Finally got back to this issue this weekend (after a bit of a home crisis) & found a great video from Scott Gardiner: showed me what to buy, from where, and exactly how to fit it. I can't believe how easy it was, & he even gave a tip about only handling new bulb with a cloth: apparently film of 'grease' left by fingers can lead to over heating / reduced life of new bulb. Who knew? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic