FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Opps....I am sorry!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Walesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opps....I am sorry!!
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:35pm
I thought I had posted in here already chap and chapettes!  Sure I typed it out but must have closed it prior to submitting the thread...knob!!

Just bought the second Up! in the family, started off with my mothers and now my other half and I have recently bought a High Up!.  We love it!!!

Me?  Bit of a car geek, love my detailing etc.  

Hope to get speaking with some of you!
Sponsored Links

Derkie54 View Drop Down
UP! Expert
UP! Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derkie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:47pm
Welcome Walesy.......... I'm on my second UP and very pleased with it. 
Looked at other cars but the UP just suits my needs and there are a lot of satisfied UP owners out there by the looks of it. Thumbs Up

Edited by Derkie54 - 12 Apr 2018 at 7:50pm
5 Door 1.0 High UP - May 2013 (sold)
5 Door 1.0 High Up TSI - March 2018 (current)

It will be all right in the end...........if it's not all right then it's not the end !

Walesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Derkie54 Derkie54 wrote:

Welcome Walesy.......... I'm on my second UP and very pleased with it. 
Looked at other cars but the UP just suits my needs and there are a lot of satisfied UP owners out there  by the looks of it. Thumbs Up

Cheers matey!

Yeah my mother has had hers for over a year and it has only ever had a window..where the bonding failed.  Apart from that..nothing.  So we decided to get one. 

I have my another car, other end of the scale as in size wise..a new 5 series.  Its weird going from one to the other LOL
Derkie54 View Drop Down
UP! Expert
UP! Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derkie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:55pm
You see.... you'll be nipping out more in the UP than the BMW, that's what a lot of forum members with big second cars have said.
I see you're into your detailing....what wax do you use ?

Edited by Derkie54 - 12 Apr 2018 at 7:56pm
5 Door 1.0 High UP - May 2013 (sold)
5 Door 1.0 High Up TSI - March 2018 (current)

It will be all right in the end...........if it's not all right then it's not the end !

Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:37pm
Welcome aboard. We are also a two up! family, both my wife and I have one.
Honey Yellow TSI - 5 Door [2017]
Walesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Derkie54 Derkie54 wrote:

You see.... you'll be nipping out more in the UP than the BMW, that's what a lot of forum members with big second cars have said.
I see you're into your detailing....what wax do you use ?

I do mate...its mental!!! The Up! gets more use for sure. 

Wax...ohhh...let see

Winter, Swissvax Shield or Dodo Juice SN Hybrid

However, I tried the Fusso Coat Soft99 and that is superb, for £20 ish.  But difficult to remove once applied, a pain on the arse actually. 

Summer...If the car is not gonna get alot of use, I will use Swissvax Best of Show, ZYmol Concours or Glasur 

However, for a more rugged summer coat...Shield as a base coat and top with BOS now and again. 

Sometimes if I fancy a few weeks of tinkering I will use Chemical guys 50/50 or Petes53....very good waxes but durability is not wonderful. 
Ahmed.Bossman View Drop Down
UP! Expert
UP! Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed.Bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 8:59pm
Hi and welcome!!

You'll fine that you'll fit in just fine. Any car nuts on here and a fair few detailing addicts too!
Ahmed Bossman - '98 Green & a '98 Red Nissan Primera P11 GT
                           - Blue 3dr Move Up!
Walesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Ahmed.Bossman Ahmed.Bossman wrote:

Hi and welcome!!

You'll fine that you'll fit in just fine. Any car nuts on here and a fair few detailing addicts too!

Cheers matey!
SiJ2000 View Drop Down
UP! Expert
UP! Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiJ2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:43am
Welcome. I'm on my 2nd up and love it...
2016 E-Up! Black - GardX Protection
-------------------------
Bloody e-up! does't have optional extras, or I would have got some!

Rolec Wallpod 16amp Charger... (cos my house doesn't want 32 amps!)
Rough View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:51am
Congrats on your new ride. It's surprising to hear that small and relatively inexpensive cars offer that va va voom of motoring, I guess it's because cars used to be like that, small, nibble and fun to drive, but recently they grew and grew in both weight and size.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic