FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Owners Age Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: How old is the main driver of your UP!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
75 [9.58%]
166 [21.20%]
148 [18.90%]
176 [22.48%]
122 [15.58%]
62 [7.92%]
33 [4.21%]
1 [0.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
minimax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:57am
Sixty next March. Still own a 400/four and fly a tiny (40HP) aeroplane so the sun hasn't set on this boy yet. 
Replacing a large old Mercedes with a High up! 90PS in three weeks' time.
My third new car bought out of frustration with spending good flying time underneath the car.
Previous pair were Ford Ka 1999 and 2008. Bought the second because the first was such fun to drive.
Rose coloured memories fail to remind me that both suffered brake failure in their first three months and the second one was (although fully equipped and 10BHP up on the older one), far less satisfying.
Was going for the Ka+ but decided on the up! after reading the reviews and chewing a good discount.
As a veteran of nineteen BMC Minis (Hence the incipient deafness, backache and innate sense of how a car should handle), I think the up! and I shall get on well.
Sponsored Links

Pete053 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete053 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 5:19pm
I'm 80 years old and still enjoying my Up! Read the manual again and discovered a button under the windscreen wiper arm! Only had the car four years... Still - never too old to learn...
'62 Silver 5door High Up! ASG, with sensor pack
djcowlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcowlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Pete053 Pete053 wrote:

I'm 80 years old and still enjoying my Up! Read the manual again and discovered a button under the windscreen wiper arm! Only had the car four years... Still - never too old to learn...

What does it do?
2016 High Up! 75PS
2016 BMW 340i Touring
jaihill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaihill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
I am hoping its in my age range as friends tell me I am driving an old ladies car! LOL They don't know what they're missing till they drive it. 

Jai
UP!TK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP!TK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm
Quite an interesting spread of ages on here. Was expecting more younger ones as I always considered it an ideal first car too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic