FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
choc chop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choc chop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio
    Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:24pm
I got my Up a few weeks ago, and everything was great, I loved it, but recently my radio is getting really bad to no signal! It's really annoying, obviously I need music in my car. I just wondered if anyone else has had any problems all of a sudden with their radio and if anyone knows how it can be fixed? Thanks
Sponsored Links

PallMei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PallMei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:10pm
It is a common problem that the antenna amplifier in the antenna base breaks and must be replaced. But does sound odd, if it is a brand new car. Anyway I think you should contact the dealer.
uphu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uphu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
Originally posted by PallMei PallMei wrote:

It is a common problem that the antenna amplifier in the antenna base breaks and must be replaced.
The antenna amplifier might be a problem, but the radio has poor reception on its own:
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/radio-reception-problem_topic539.html
You can read about the poor radio in several other threads as well. This is VW quality.
Jimlad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:43am
I had the same and VW fixed it under warranty.
The don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:19am
Hey guys im new to the group, as well as cars. My dad recommended vw to be my first car so i want to be more invested. Any suggestions on how to do that?
lupogtiboy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lupogtiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
Do they sell the VW Up! in New Jersey America?
2003 Lupo GTI (Kaiya) and 2012 High Up! (Uma)
www.driftbridge.co.uk
choc chop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choc chop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
Thanks for your replies, I've contacted the dealer and I will take my car in next Wednesday, hopefully an easy fix as I do love driving my UP
lupogtiboy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lupogtiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 3:02pm
Short of having a new radio, mines had both a new antenna and aerial base, made no difference at all! I'm going to be adding a DAB system into mine soon anyway so not that fussed, but it is annoying!
2003 Lupo GTI (Kaiya) and 2012 High Up! (Uma)
www.driftbridge.co.uk
UP!TK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP!TK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
I find DAB signal not all that great, prepare for lots of drop outs on that!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic