FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Rear window washer leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dunc65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunc65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear window washer leak
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:38am
Hi everyone I’m new to the club, I have a question. I have a leak from the rear window washer when I use it the water just runs down the rear window on the inside onto the parcel shelf. I’m guessing there’s a crack in the pipe or it’s become detached. What I need to know is if it’s a job I can fix myself and how difficult is it to fix!? I can’t find any diagrams or info on how to attempt to fix this problem.
I look forward to any help or advice I can get.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

PeterWestSussex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterWestSussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:40pm
I had that twice on 2 of my 3 Skoda Octavias. Each time due to trying to wash rear window when I hadn't put enough antifreeze in the washer bottle after the summer.  Fluid has almost thawed but Washer nozzle still frozen so pressure caused supply pipe to detach. 
First time I took it in I waited and the technician un-clipped a couple of plastic trim items. exposed the connection, replaced the pipe.
Second time I did it myself
Sadly, our Jan 2013 Red High-up!written-off by hit-and-run on a Saturday aft in town. Was thinking of upgrading to a Polo, so have now got a used 1.2 TSI 110 DSG but much sooner than planned.
oxonboxn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxonboxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:10pm
Yes, well-known problem on some cars....had it happen on two Skoda Fabias (but not on current Citigo). Always worth keeping the washer antifreeze at a decent concentration to prevent this happening. The pipe can detach at the rear of the jet....or at a one-way connector some distance away. The awkward bit of DIYing the fix is getting the trim off....and getting it back on again properly.
Dunc65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunc65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:25pm
Thank you for your reply, I would like to see diagrams of what I need to do or realise it’s a trip to the dealership..
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic