FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Replacing or Upgrading High Up sat nav cradle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
findlay81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote findlay81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing or Upgrading High Up sat nav cradle
    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:26pm
Hi,

A new Up! owner here (2014 High Up Bluemotion) and I'm thrilled with it. One thing that has proven to be a bit of a problem is the Sat Nav included - it's a bit out of date and I'm having trouble updating the maps (tried Garmin Fresh but it looks to have gone out of support?)

So... I would like to replace the sat nav cradle with a phone cradle (to hold my iPhone for Google Maps) and have the following questions:
  • Would it be possible to buy the new 2017 Up phone cradle separately and it would be backward compatible with the 2014 Up?
  • If not, what phone cradles are a good alternative? Ideally, would any fit into/over the existing port on top of the dashboard?
  • Otherwise, is there an easy way to stick with the included sat nav and update the maps manually?
Really appreciate any help Smile

Thanks,

Alistair
Sponsored Links

Certus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:32pm
Hello Alistair,

If you use the link below to look at a previous post, you will see my solution to the problem which is still working well for me.

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/smartphone-holder_topic9202.html

Regards
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic