FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

speedo light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpikeXtreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpikeXtreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: speedo light
    Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 8:24pm
Hello,

Has anyone noticed that the Speedo dial light ,lights up when it feels like it?.

I noticed this when driving through the Hatfield Tunnel.

I don't mean when the main lights are on as this always lights the dial's.

I think this is  another UP querk,that VW might say it's a characteristic but i will be bring this up
at the next service.

Sponsored Links

PallMei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PallMei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 9:35pm
There is a light sensor controlling that, just like the headlights when set to auto.
Rav3177 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rav3177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:44pm
It's completely normal operation pretty sure there is a thread about it.
Certus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:45pm
Hi,

My 2017 registered Up!behaves in exactly the same manner,so presumably this is as designed. I first noticed that the instrument lighting was present when the sidelights were selected in the early evening, but gradually dimmed until no longer lit. I was told that this was a safety feature to insure the headlights were selected rather than driving using sidelights alone.

Regards
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic