FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Suzuki's Celerio or The VW Up And Hyundai i10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
UP!TK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP!TK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suzuki's Celerio or The VW Up And Hyundai i10
    Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 3:16pm
The Suzuki Celerio is currently one of the cheapest cars in Britain, priced from just £7,500, but is it any better compared to some of its more expensive rivals? 

This is the Suzuki Celerio. It’s a tiny car, but with one huge selling point - it's one of the cheapest new cars available for sale in the UK. Prices start from just under £7500, but does the price come at the expense of quality? Is it worth putting on your shopping list, or would you be better off spending a little extra on a Hyundai i10 or Volkswagen Up? Find out in my full, in-depth review.
Sponsored Links

Ed463 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:51am
The Suzuki is a real budget car, it shows in every aspect.
The Hyundai. Don't know tbh but they have a good reputation.

All depends on perspective. Is a car just a tool to move you from a to b or something you want to engage with?
I equate it to my LG washing machine. It's the best washing machine we've ever owned, but do I look forward to using It?
PeterWestSussex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterWestSussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Ed463 Ed463 wrote:

All depends on perspective. .... do I look forward to using It?
If I may say so, a very succinct summary.  When it came to replacing my up! it was down to a Polo or a Jazz.  Both have a lot going for them; reliability could possibly favour the Jazz.  BUT I just could not 'look forward to using' the Jazz's dashboard and the Polo's dashboard and indeed whole cabin is so much better.
I did in fact show my wife a picture of each and she admitted all she was interested in was what the colour available was!
Sadly, our Jan 2013 Red High-up!written-off by hit-and-run on a Saturday aft in town. Was thinking of upgrading to a Polo, so have now got a used 1.2 TSI 110 DSG but much sooner than planned.
jimv50 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimv50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:23pm
hyundai i10, my wife is on her second i20, great warranty and service plan.
The only reason I didn't get an i10 myself was the coloured dash panel, a choice of red or blue here in ireland, looking at that all the time would drive me nuts.
My overall impression of the i10 was of a big car made smaller, the Up! is a good small car. 
The glass is not half full or half empty....the glass is too big
Ed463 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:09pm
Our washing machine has a great warranty as well,10 yrs on the direct drive motor
I'm trying to talk my son out of buying a Golf R. Great warranty, great reviews, stunning performance. But for the same money you can get a Maserati 4200 GT

Head or heart?

I've had an i10 as a hire car. Can't say I agree with "big car made smaller" does a job but nothing more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic