FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Vw eco up illuminated door switches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vw eco up illuminated door switches
    Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:51pm
Hi to all members. I am nick from Greece and this is my new eco up 2017 model with full of extras. The magic part of my car is the cng.

All vw up have non illuminated switches at door panels. So i secide to install illuminated switches from other models.
I start firstly with window switches . I order from ebay 3 switches from golf 6. Install to switch board a led and 680ohm resistor and switches transofm to illuminated. ( there is another forum member has done this mod with oics)
Secontly i order a vw polo 2011 mirros illuminates switch and it was plug and play ( just run a 12v cable to empty pin of 10 pin connector)
The latest lock/unlock switch was from transporter t6 with part number 7E0962125b . This switch is factory illuminated similar with oem switch. Rear blue connector fits perfectly but the switch frame needs to be cutted some mm each sides. For illumination need to run a 12v cable to pin 2 .

Also i add to interior a w8 interior dome light with ambient lighting modded with white leds. Result is awesome!!!
Exterior pics

Sponsored Links

Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:44pm
Craftsmanship; that is awesome work and attention to detail. Very nice indeed!

Hats off to you.
Honey Yellow TSI - 5 Door [2017]
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 7:14pm
Sorry for my bad english
I am trying to do my best
Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Your English is very good and much better than my Greek... 😉

Originally posted by gsrsilver gsrsilver wrote:

Sorry for my bad english
I am trying to do my best
Honey Yellow TSI - 5 Door [2017]
eykmak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eykmak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 7:25pm
Amazing work! You got the Audi TT pedals too....
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
Yes mate, audi pedals and oem homelink sunshades from us jetta 2013 model
Small mods but good looking
I am in love with full fis cluster with trip computer
PeterWestSussex View Drop Down
UP! Enthusiast
UP! Enthusiast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterWestSussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:39pm
Amazing. 
VW should be ashamed of themselves for not making switch illumination standard.  The driver's need to be able to identify controls in the dark applies regardless of trim level - let alone leave it to the enterprising owner to DIY !
Sadly, our Jan 2013 Red High-up!written-off by hit-and-run on a Saturday aft in town. Was thinking of upgrading to a Polo, so have now got a used 1.2 TSI 110 DSG but much sooner than planned.
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:05pm
Vw make this to reduce the cost of the car. So its a car of DIY
The new lock/ unlock switch is not flat like oem vw up switch.
Has a small step at one side and you can fell it better with your hands.

For me has better feeling from previus one

Edited by gsrsilver - 28 Oct 2017 at 8:56pm
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:41pm
Yesterday ibibstalled boot second light
Certus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:34pm
Hi,

I'm sure it's just an age thing, but I much prefer the minimum amount of background lighting when driving at night.

i was loaned a new Polo for a week or so pending delivery of my new Up back in March and although I 
liked the car, I wasn't a fan of the engine stop/ start feature and the vast array of red background switch illumination across the cabin. I much prefer the the subdued lighting in the Up and am happy to fumble around a bit for the switch on the extremely rare occasions I might want to open the windows in the pitch black.

Only a personal view though, and I have much admiration for those clever people who can create the level of background illumination to their taste.

Regards
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic