FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Vw eco up illuminated door switches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 1:25pm
My new mirror switch knob with alu ring like golf 7 fitted today and be the same with all the other aluminium details.

Sponsored Links

gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:38pm

kompressor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kompressor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:44pm
I start to envy your car!!!! ClapClapClap
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 8:57pm
Thanks a lot ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kompressor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:26am
So... the side mirrors on your car where electric or manual? Mine as manual but, like the Mk7 that I also have, the electric ones are needed. What parts do I need to retrofit them?
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:29am
My car had factory electric heated mirrors. For retrofit you need a pair of power mirrors ,wiring and switch.

Edited by gsrsilver - 17 Dec 2017 at 6:58am
wellfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by kompressor kompressor wrote:

So... the side mirrors on your car where electric or manual? Mine as manual but, like the Mk7 that I also have, the electric ones are needed. What parts do I need to retrofit them?
I plan to do likewise, but only if the door loom already has the connections for the switch and the mirrors. I am not optimistic as I have done a bit of research on VW UP parts, and there seems to be quite a variety of door looms available for the UP. Only way to find out is to pop off the door trim on drivers side and see if the mirror switch connection is there near the window and locking switch wiring. But that is a job for me for another day as too busy at the moment.
gsrsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsrsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:29pm
I am 100% sure that there is no wiring into door. You have to run all cables. I am sory i said that but this is vw.!!!!!
wellfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by gsrsilver gsrsilver wrote:

I am 100% sure that there is no wiring into door. You have to run all cables. I am sory i said that but this is vw.!!!!!

Just had the drivers side door card off. I can confirm that there is no wiring in the door for the switch or mirrors. So any install is going to be quite complicated, and I am now too old to be bothered. So my two projects, electric mirrors and retrofit satnav are now well and truly screwed. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kompressor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by wellfan wellfan wrote:

Originally posted by gsrsilver gsrsilver wrote:

Just had the drivers side door card off. I can confirm that there is no wiring in the door for the switch or mirrors. So any install is going to be quite complicated, and I am now too old to be bothered. So my two projects, electric mirrors and retrofit satnav are now well and truly screwed. 
 LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic