FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the VW UP Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello!

We have a VW UP! Gallery and all the latest VW UP! News that is well worth checking out too.

Wind deflectors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wind deflectors
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm
I fitted these quality Climair wind deflectors today. They certainly seem well-constructed and are a perfect fit - no clips provided or needed. Not the cheapest, but they look and feel the part.

Stickers were a sod to remove mind.

Honey Yellow TSI - 5 Door [2017]
Sponsored Links

bumbleMii View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumbleMii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:53pm
just fitted the exact same ones to my Mii, and the extra tenner over team hako ones is worth it just because they don't need the clips which seem a faff and look like they could scratch the windows.
sprite1275 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite1275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:00pm
Very nice. Where did you buy these from? I looked on there website but couldn't see an option for the up/citigo or mii.

Also do they actually work and how good? Do they keep wind from blowing into the rear at the passengers?
bumbleMii View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumbleMii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:24am
i bought mine from one of eurocarpart's ebay pages haven't had a go a trying them yet, but anything should be better than having nothing.

and here's the link to where i got mine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Wind-Deflectors-2-Pieces-Smoked-Perspex-3-Door-ClimAir-CLI0033730/302569262439?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
wellfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:54am
Does the manufactures label peel off?   
p1lyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1lyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:38am
What purpose do these deflectors serve? Are they for smokers?
Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by sprite1275 sprite1275 wrote:

Very nice. Where did you buy these from? I looked on there website but couldn't see an option for the up/citigo or mii.

Also do they actually work and how good? Do they keep wind from blowing into the rear at the passengers?

I bought mine direct from the UK stockist - link below. They are also available on eBay - link also below. if you have a 3 door, you'll need to use a search engine. 

As for effectiveness, I haven't tried them in anger - it rained straight away and the window needs to be kept closed for 24 hours. The reports and feedback I read (for the up! too) were positive.

https://www.climairuk.com/Volkswagen-Up-5-door-models-from-2011-on-sold-as-a-pair.html

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIMAIR-Car-Wind-Deflectors-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-UP-5-Door-2011-onwards-FRONT-/380480725170

Edited by Darren C - 16 Apr 2018 at 12:53pm
Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by wellfan wellfan wrote:

Does the manufactures label peel off?   

If only 'peel off' was the right phrase. They are well stuck down; presumably to reinforce the advertising.

Autoglym Tar Remover and a finger nail has seen them come off; no scratches or residue left, but not a 5 second removal job.
Darren C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by p1lyp p1lyp wrote:

What purpose do these deflectors serve? Are they for smokers?

They primarily allow the window to be ajar whilst on the move; negating wind noise and rain ingress.

Aesthetically, I quite like the look of them too.  
sprite1275 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite1275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
Do they stick in place then seems you say you have to leave them 24h?

Mine is a 3 door so would need ones to suit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic