Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting! A bouncing baby night blue up!
I've finally done the deed and placed my order on my birthday

What lovely weather it is for zipping around in an up! with panoramic sunroof - I hope it still will be when the little fella is delivered in 2-3 months' time!

A huge thank you to all the forum members, and to the creators of the Club and Web site, for the masses of info I've gleaned from you (whether it's worth getting the sunroof being just one example)

One piece of info in return: the dealer told me that prices will rise 1% for orders placed on/after 1 May!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Didn't they have a price increase in January ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
They did add £100 to the Take Upand £110 to the Move Up in January.My dealer told me the prices were going up when Iordered mine in November.
Edited by: AGE1950

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really? Another price rise... drat.
At least it probably means that the car's successful.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There was a rise in January, about £300 on a High Up from memory. I dropped lucky, I ordered mine just before the rise and picked it up after.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are being ripped off.
retail price of a75bhp high up in czech republic is 8344 pounds.
retail price of a 75bhp high up in uk is 10,665.
and in czech republic white is a no-cost option, 200 sterling. That is a 2500 stg difference and their vat rate is higher than the british vat rate.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr ="uccRes"><td align="center" valign="middle" width="6%">
</td><td align="left" width="47%">
</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All my optional extras have stayed at their old prices, but the base 3-door High up! has actually risen byover 2% (£11,025 to £11,260).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+2/3 e said:
the base 3-door High up! has actually risen byover 2% (£11,025 to £11,260).
Although the new price includes the newly compulsory Sound Pack - subtracting (an unchanged) £100 for it, the base has risen 1.2%.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+2/3 e said:
I'm expecting! A bouncing baby night blue up!
Erk - two weeks on, and this morning the tracker had finally changed my status from "Processing your order" ""“ to "Sorry, we can't find this order number"
It's back to the former again now ""“ phew! Dealer says VW were having computer problems.

·
Registered
811 Posts
proud_darcy said:
You are being ripped off.
retail price of a75bhp high up in czech republic is 8344 pounds.
retail price of a 75bhp high up in uk is 10,665.
and in czech republic white is a no-cost option, 200 sterling. That is a 2500 stg difference and their vat rate is higher than the british vat rate.

<t></t><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr ="uccres"=""><td align="center" valign="middle" width="6%">
</td><td align="left" width="47%">
</td></tr></t></table>

Not surprise there, we get ripped off for everything!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've just noticed that the price of maps and more is now £300 for the take up and £325 for the move up! I would have thought that it would be the other way around... Looks like VW are trying to make a little more money out of us!

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks like I'll be taking a test drive in the new twingo when it is released.
It has gone straight to the top of my list. It looks like it will be the most spacious car in it's class due to it's rear engined layout and exceptionally long wheelbase and Renault are usually quite generous with their equipment packages.
Some blokes on a german forum extrapolated interior space from the information already released and it look like it will have the interior space of a car one class up.
For instance my Megane Coupe which comes off lease in Feb 2015 has hill holder, auto lights, auto wipers, climate control, reversing sensors, remote keyless entry, folding mirrors, etc... as standard
To spec the equivalent VAG product(Golf or A3) to near similiar levels costs huge money.
Two co-workers really wanted keyless entry on their new Audi A4s but couldn't justify the 800 euro cost and they can't retrofit it even though all the hardware is onboard for retrofit because VAG intentionally knobbled it.
At present even though I'm not in the market I can get over 20% discount on retail for a current model Twingo(admitedly not a very nice car) as opposed to just 13% for UP/CitiGo in my company leasing scheme and the Twingo would be better equiped. I expect this to continue in the next generation.

You're being ripped off on the Up. The Twingo is where it will be at in 18 months time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If the EU wanted to do something useful for a change it would make it illegal to discriminate against consumers in one country by ensuring uniform pricing to retailers.

Nick

·
Registered
202 Posts
that wouldnt ne fair because we have different wages and costs of living... An average good monthly wage in Italy is about the equivelant of 1100 pounds, and that's a good one.. We couldnt afford Brit prices even if we wanted to really..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts