Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my red High Up on 27th February. It was ready made and given delivery estimate of end of March. I'm 45 years old and don't think I have been as excited waiting for a car since my first car when I was 17 which was a mini - the original one! Ioved the character of the mini and think the Up has the same feel. My car has now reached Sheerness but I have been told today that because of the snow it could take 10 days to get to Watford! Does this sound reasonable

·
Registered
179 Posts
Doesn't sound reasonable when you are excitedly waiting for your new Up!...........but it probably is!Everything comes to those who wait!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll carry on waiting and counting down the days! What is making me more impatient is the fact that I sold my old car 2 weeks ago and am not enjoying life without a car!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mine took 10 days as well but that was over Christmas.

I'm like you in that this is the first time since my Mini days that I have been this enthusiastic about a car. My first car was a 1967 mark 1 Mini and I have had several other Minis and about 25 other cars since then.

·
Registered
592 Posts
1st car a 1963 Ford Anglia van and (sorry about this) around 100 since then. Not boasting just my passion for all things on 4 wheels means I am mad, and usually skint!
Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's pretty impressive. An interesting exercise would be to add up the costs. Mine totalled about a quarter of a million, which is depressing.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Bugger.......I daren't.

I must have lost £10,000s and spent £zillions. Most I lost was on a Ford Cosworth 3 door - purchased in 1988 for £13500 (second hand) and sold 9 months later for £6500 (right car at the wrong time). Best deal though was a Impreza Turbo (one of the early ones before the boy racers heard about them). Cost me £22k new (Prodrive kit included) and sold 18 month/22k miles later to a dealer for £19k - they were as rare as hens teeth back then (1996).
Need to get back on thread I think as this is depressing me but at the same time bringing back some really good memories.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts