Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the club, wanted to say hello.

I have had my Black Pearl Up! since the 8th May and have done over 1000 miles so far. I have the car on lease through my company's green car scheme and expect to do about 25000 miles, mainly on the commute from home in Wiltshire to Southampton.

I had a new RX8 in a previous life but this car is so much more fun to drive! I'm also loving the money I am saving on the fuel, I have an average of 62mpg so far, and that will definitely get better as I refine my driving to the Bluemotion engine.

Looking foward to reading other's experiences.

Nigel

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Nigel.
Dan is indeed correct as I too have said farewell to my RX8.
Still waiting for my up which like yours is black.... And I used to live in Wilts!
I'm so happy to hear that you're finding the up as fun to drive.. I've had a lot of fun in my 8 - Taking it around Rockingham Speedway at Japfest a couple of years ago will never be forgotten!
But really looking forward to managing much more than 22mpg - even if the up doesn't "beeeeep" at the redline!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Welcome

nigelspink said:
I had a new RX8 in a previous life but this car is so much more fun to drive! I'm also loving the money I am saving on the fuel, I have an average of 62mpg so far, and that will definitely get better as I refine my driving to the Bluemotion engine.
Cripes! An Up is more fun than an RX8, I am somewhat gobsmacked to hear that. I must admit that at the weekend I pulled out from a junction in first and floored the accelerator pedal as I did not want to get in someones way, and I was surprised at the growl from the engine. I also find the handling quite surprising. I can take corners that were a challenge in my told model Ford Ka, which is known for good handling. And it seems to accelerate more then the modest 0-60 time would suggest.

I get 61.5mpg from my TakeUp. I am told mpg improves as the engine wears in. We shall see.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Nigel and welcome to the forum. Glad you're enjoying the up!

Still waiting for mine but hopefully it should be here in 3-4 weeks. Don't suppose I'll notice a great difference in fuel economy as I currently drive a Toyota Aygo and get between 50-60mpg but the up! is just so much classier and a more quality build.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Just last saturday I hit 2000km with my up.

About the consumption, I don't know what mpg it does but best I've managed to do was 4,5 litres per 100km
Overall fuel economy goes around 5L/100km.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome to the forum!

glad to hear youre enjoying your lovely up! any chance of some lovely pictures for us all to look at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone,

I certainly enjoyed my RX8, but I couldn't afford the fuel costs once we had moved from Southampton to Wiltshire.

I've been driving a Peugeot 307 1.6 since then, and was a bit worried that I would struggle to keep the same travelling time (60 miles) to work as I wasn't sure I would be able to get past the many lorries that I always seem to get stuck behind.

However with a slight change to my driving style I haven't had a problem at all, I am still surprised how quickly the up! accelerates in 1st and 2nd. Saying that though I think my average speed is lower as I am a bit obsessed with the MPG!

I've just about finished exploring the Maps and More system, I keep the navigation on most of the time just to try and catch the TMC traffic updates, but I don't seem to get a signal for the first 20 miles or so through the countryside. Is this normal? I bought a Navigon charger for the Maps and More that will pick up the TMC broadcasts so that we can use it in the family car too, saves buying a GPS for that one!

No photos yet, I keep forgetting to take some after I wash it, and it gets so dusty on the back even after on journey!

Have a nice day,

Nigel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Over 2100 miles now, loving it! Generally get 65-68mpg each 60 miles journey.

I found a really relaxing driving position after about 1000 miles, my only gripe is my M&M connecter seems to be faulty, so need to see if I can get a new one as ifI knock the unit it sometimes starts to power off.

Can't fault it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts