Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With over 10 thousand miles Florence is getting better and better. The exhaust noise has really calmed down as the Cat has coked up. The clonking gears are much better with Pupils who have started in the Up! Not used any oil yet. I've blinged up my wheel trims by highlighting the logos with black vinyl. Would like to fit alloy wheels but know it will ruin the ride quality and effect the economy which has been brilliant. Had a fantastic summer with loads of first time passes. I believe the Up will become a very popular driving school car. He-Man have made a great job of the Dual Controls being being very neat. The front of the car is a real Fly trap!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Nice to know you have reached the 10k milestone without any problems

Looking good

·
Registered
587 Posts
Like the black inserts on the wheel trims makes them look much better, something to think about on my Take up!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's awesome... Must be the first UP! with dual controls... My wife would love those! lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ha ha. I would definitely like an extra brake pedal when I'm sitting in the passenger seat

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good to hear it's getting better and better for you. Bodes well for all of us (though I think the distance my missus drives, it'll take around 15 years to reach 10,000!!)

With reference to your alloy wheel wants, as long as you keep the diameter of the wheel the same (and I'm guessing you have 14" steel wheels?) then the ride quality will not be affected as it's the size of the tyre wall that has the biggest effect. I must say though, even with the 16" alloys the ride quality is still very very good...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Only seen two other up!s a red and a white one that is local to me. No Mii's of Citgo's yet though less the Mii's at the dealer I use for the Leon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
looks really good, my daughter(17) is learning to drive (using a mini cooper)When she passes I will have to let her drive the up!
Insurance is really good for youngsters at present, I have my son(19) on my insurance for 30 days (£80 for 30 days) with aviva and it will be £820 a year with him on it (£210 a year for me and my wife only)

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's nice to hear the car has stood up well to your learner drivers. Did you get free servicing thrown in when you bought the car? If you did, how did your dealership treat you when you took the car in?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No free servicing as I do really high miles but the car is set for !8k service intervals. If VW are to expensive on service I will use my local man who is superb. Being VAT registered it will not effect the warranty. I have been quoted £760 for a clutch by VW which is well over the top. They quoted 4.5 hours to do the job. Allowing £160 for the clutch kit that leaves £500 for 4.5 hours labour!

·
Registered
525 Posts
My sister has a 5 year old Aygo. The clutch went the other day (after 42000 miles) and they replaced it free although the car was well out of guarantee, as they said it shouldn't have gone so soon. She didn't even have to ask, they just said, no charge. I somehow dont think VW will do that!

·
Registered
619 Posts
£100+ per hour seems about right for main dealership repairs and is, perhaps, how they 'frighten' private buyers into changing their cars every three years or so.

Small independent garages are the way to go once your car is out of warranty. If you are keeping the car after the warranty expires,you can buyan exclusion warranty for peace of mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts