Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently discovered a long scratch in my windscreen. I am not sure what has caused it as the curve of the scratch is in opposite direction to the arc of the wipers. When driving this evening with the sun in front of me I could see a rainbow effect in parts of the scratch. I cannot feel the scratch. I have uploaded a video of it to youtube which I have embedded below. Is there anything that I can do about it apart from getting a new screen?

[TUBE]UQN8sBDc_Ys[/TUBE]

·
Registered
51 Posts
can you feel it with your fingernail?
if you cant a good glass polishing compound will get rid of it (you can get one for drills)

if you can feel it you might be able to round the edges off so its less noticable but wont be totally gone

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
windscreen is rather soft imho...mine has multiple scratches....however a good polish and dressing with rain-x seems to have sorted it...still there but much less noticeable.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Use a clay on it to remove everything that could affect it, polish it (as best as you can) and then use something like rain-x to protect it.

That's really all you can do. It's either that or consider getting a new windscreen if the scratch appears to get worse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The title of the thread caught my eye, on our white up there are several scratches on the inside of the window, they are in a circular motion, we cannot for the life of us understand how they got there.they would be consistent with the interior of the glass being wiped with a cloth to remove condensation but the scratches can be felt with the finger its as if they were scratched with a diamond ring or ????, I dont wear any jewelry so it wasn't me, plus i dont think i ever had to wipe the interior of the glass before, very puzzling anyone got any suggestions / ideas?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am still decing what to do about this scratch. As such have been having a look at what would cause it to not get through an MOT, but all I can find is information about areas that you cannot have chips in the screen.

How bad does a scratch have to be to not pass an mot? Or is it any scratch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts