Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following are some pictures of my car (White 12) and aCourtesy car (Red62)

My 12 BMT runs on Bridgestone tyres and the 62 std runs on Hankook's (with flowers)

Edited by: spud

·
Registered
587 Posts
The tyres is down to your's being a BMT getting fuel saving tyres. Interesting to see the revised dials were the increments have changed from white to black and does make the dials clearer on the revised version. I can see why they have also ditched the silver ring round the dials which looks good but would have been lost with the new dials and also a cost saving!!Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
235 Posts
I still like the original dials better, but hey-ho.

It's also interesting to see, from your like-for-like photos, how the extra doors make the 5-door look so much bigger because the car has such a different visual balance.

One question - did it rain when you had the courtesy car? If so, did the rear wheel arches still sound like Niagra Falls on wet roads, or have the changes to the metal work made a difference to this?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Is the rear window on the five door a pop out?

It's a shame they couldn't design the rear window a bit better, to replicate the 3 door shape

·
Registered
655 Posts
How horrible are those new dials...glad I have the classy chrome!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I profer the original dials too,

The tyres on the 62 are hankooks but when I looked at current modles in dealers they had conties on them don't know the reason for this

The rear window altho I did not open them are pop out ones not winders, and the rear doors inside have a lot of painted metal much like the front doors.

I like the larger doors rather than the small ones on the 5 door version for getting in and out also think they look betterEdited by: spud

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've probably explained this several times, but here goes again...

...Tyres on all up!'s will vary...Continental has a large share of supply for the car, but it all depends what tyres are delivered to the plant of production at any one time. SO...that means your car could end up with Continental Premium Contact 2's... OR Hankook OR Bridgestone's. No guarantee on any of them.

Hopefully that clears it up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Though you will probably end up with four matching tyres.

Nick

·
Registered
525 Posts
Collas said:
Though you will probably end up with four matching tyres.

Nick
Or even five if you order a spare. I have the new dials and I like them. Do the originals behave the same way when it gets dark?
Edited by: yapmaul

·
Registered
315 Posts
MarkyMark said:
How horrible are those new dials...glad I have the classy chrome!!

We have the new ones and they are really nice esp' the auto-brightening white band - quite snazzy really.

Not sure if it is the bottom photo itself but ours looks more like the top ones around the edges - all three of our dials have a light grey edging. In the photo they look plain black - are there three variants?

In short they look way better than the photo suggests.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Those are the 2013 ones... Mine are like that...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MarkyMark said:
Well that is a better picture at least! 
Sorry for the quality of my pictures not easy not to get reflection on a dash

·
Registered
315 Posts
GunSpeed said:

You have a High Up!, probably they are like the ones in this picture if I'm not mistaken

Yes - that is the dash that we have which I think looks nice.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I believe its about build week 22 or soon after...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts