Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely in love with my up!

So cheap to run.

I spend most of my day in and out of my car visiting clients and it is so comfortable to be in :D

Handling, my spots pack handling is so much fun. I love chucking this thing around corners :D

Heated seats are a bonus in this cold weather.

It feels so nippy too, I can easily get up to speed now I have spent some time driving it.

:D

·
Registered
811 Posts
They do seem to get better the more miles they do. My 7000 mile Take Up feels twice as quick now than when it was new.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swear mine has got quicker!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've just spent a few days driving a 1.7dti Astra Estate and am dying to get back in the Up. It has been like driving a tractor; slow, heavy and boring. It was thirstier than the Up as well, averaged 44mpg.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lol i've driven a 1.7cdti astra van - note the inclusion of the 'c' - and I thought it was like s*** off a shovel but i'd still sooner have my up! any day :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove the brand new beetle and mark 7 golf for a few days and I much prefer the UP! to the Beetle. The Golf was great, but I felt the UP! build quality felt the same and was cheaper to run.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mk 7 Golf build quality same as UP? The Mk 7 must have been down graded, I have a Mk 6 Golf and although I am delighted with the quality of the UP for the price it is not in the same league in terms of build quality as the Golf 6, I wouldn't expect it to be either for half the price.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For build quality I meant all the indicators, steering wheel, dash, switches, dials and details.

The instruments all felt the same quality

We all know that the car isn't build with as high spec components as the golf ;)

I'm just saying it has a similar 'feel'

·
Registered
811 Posts
As I've posted before, I got 2 Ups for the price of one mid-range Golf, so what does everyone expect?

I think the quality is fantastic for the price. If I had spent Golf money on it, I probably wouldn't be so delighted.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
As long as my UP remains reliable and fit for purpose I for one will have no complaints!
Me too. All I do is put petrol in it. It always fires up first time and gets me to places without incidents. What more could I want?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
AlanG said:
Rickenbacker said:
As long as my UP remains reliable and fit for purpose I for one will have no complaints!
Me too. All I do is put petrol in it. It always fires up first time and gets me to places without incidents. What more could I want?
I maintain it's a nice place to be for the duration of the journey too. It's absolutely fit for purpose, for me anyway.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've driven 10k miles now in my car and can say that it has never missed a beat over those miles. The car even drives better now that when it was first 'unwrapped'.

I've noticed that the engine does take a few turns to get started though, when the air temperature is very low (0 or below). My old car never did this, starting instantly every time.

The fit and finish of the car is very good, although my car (an early example) suffered from a few build quality issues which in the main have been fixed by my local VW dealership. In general, I'm pleased with the car and, I think, it is one of the better vehicles at this price point on the market today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts