Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used the maps and more for our trip to Devon in the Golf. I just thought I would mention that the official charger from the navigon website is more money than 3rd party chargers on amazon, but it does also have a built in Aerial for the TMC traffic system, where as the 3rd party chargers don't. (as far as I know)

I did buy a 3rd party bracket for it from amazon, as the navigon version was much much more £££ with no added value.

All in all the system performed brilliantly.
It was very funny when we drove past Stone Henge as without warning, the system started telling us all about the history of it including a nice photo on screen when we pushed the little eye button... An unexpected bonus..

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh I saw that on a trip on the motorway there was a POI to do with a country park just off it. You press the eye and it gives you history on it.

Haven't found anywhere to download any more sightseeing tours though, I think mine only has 1 and that's up near the lakes

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased a used navigon 40 with mount and charger, as that cost less than buying the bits from navigon. The bonus is that I now have a Satnav for my car as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts