Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
It just pulls off. If you then reconnect it the spring that forces it closed will have moved. So you鈥檒l be able to move the cover to the widest open position without it twanging back.

Reactions: Manc lad

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just pulls off. If you then reconnect it the spring that forces it closed will have moved. So you鈥檒l be able to move the cover to the widest open position without it twanging back.
Cheers. I guess that will leave the base bit sticking out which tweaks my OCD 馃檲馃槀 Does that come out too?

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure. The lid over my 12v socket wasn鈥檛 returning to closed which bugged me. So I removed the lid and refitted with the spring tab primed for auto close. The opposite to what you want 馃槅馃槅

• Haha
Reactions: Manc lad

Registered
I鈥檓 going to swap mine too when I get round to it. They just pull out.

Swap for this type from the lower dash board of a Transporter T6.0

Direct swap and is the cap/plug type rather than the spring lid.
Gear shift Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just googling these. Looks like other VW and Audi models have the traditional plug type ones. Guess a chat with someone in Parts to identify which model and get one ordered 馃憤
Yep what you have in your van is what I had in my Octavia and Polo and must be easy to order. This looks like it as I鈥檝e seen the same with the flip lid of ours 馃憤

Product Font Material property Screenshot Titanium

1 - 9 of 9 Posts