Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody went for the 15" black spoke wheels on the high up? They look the same as the standard silver spoke wheel on the VW site. I wondered how different they were?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I haven't got them but I seen a pic on here, they don't seem to be black gloss but that titanium colour, wish I got them!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Correct - all titanium colour, with the actual spokes silver. Best viewed by choosing the "more info" option on theconfigurater, which expands the size then you can see the colour better(on a full size PC that is).

·
Registered
467 Posts
color for them is anthracite.when my silver wheels get dirty, they look the same as anthracite spoke (seriously)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes you are correct - Anthracite they are. Dark wheels hides all the dirt - I have "Anthracite" wheels on my other cars.
Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
235 Posts
I went for them on my up and I would describe them as pewter in colour - i.e. not that dark in colour - no idea why VW refer to them as black! There are a few pics of the wheels on this site - they look good and are worth considering.

Yes they do still come with white centre caps - I got my dealer to supply black centre caps FOC. Otherwise they are about £40 for the set.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

I've just ordered my High up!.

Light blue
Sunroof
Leather
Soundpack
black 15" wheels
spare wheel

Got the cost of the sunroof off after a bit of bartering which seemed pretty good to me.

So excited!

They had no idea about the black centres though and the parts dept simply did not want to help unless I had a part number.

Does anybody know the part number for the black wheel centre caps? I don't think the white ones can't possibly look right on an anthracite wheel unless it's a white car.

Thanks again!

Edited by: alex_w

·
Registered
397 Posts
alex_w said:
Anybody go for the 15" black spoke wheels on the high up? They look the same as the standard silver spoke wheel on the VW site. I wondered how different they were?
Yes. Saw them for first time last Sat. Big disappointment = not at all what I was expecting. There was another High up! nearby with the alternative 'standard' wheels and even the Dealer found it hard to tell the difference. They are a little darker but are certainly NOT 'black'. I'd say standard ones are silver, these 'high gloss black' are dark grey (or anthracite as earlier posts).
I would NEVER have chosen those wheels anyway (what? with 20 spokes to clean !) I thought from the pictures that they would have a 'bright' face to each spoke, but I now realize that that would have required the description 'machined'.
So, as far as I'm concerned, a waste of £100. Could have put it towards the £5.99 I've got to spend at Halfords on a stick-on plastic vanity mirror for the driver's sun visor.

·
Registered
397 Posts
alex_w said:
Does anybody know the part number for the black wheel centre caps? I don't think the white ones can't possibly look right on an anthracite wheel unless it's a white car.[/QUOTE

Yes - I have a photo of a black high gloss wheel with the white (standard) centre taken on Sat last on my new RED high up! PM me with your email address and I'll send pic)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts