Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spec on the attached photo states these are a Japan Racing J18 wheels in a 16x8 ET25 spec. Car is lowered far too much, but I am wondering about fitment with a more normal 25-30mm drop (from GTI spec). Seems like an exaggerated camber adjustment, which I dislike, would be necessary to avoid rubbing, and that the poke would be perhaps a bit much?? I'm not a "stance" type of guy, I like to keep it clean, tidy, and functional.

I have already gone for 16x7 ET35 version of this same wheel, albeit in matt bronze which is a more conservative fitment that won't be any problem at all (Will post pictures in a separate thread in about 2 weeks when I take delivery), but really am seduced by the deeper dish aesthetics of the ET25 version of this wheel.

Have googled and searched with no real success, so apologise if I've missed this already being covered, but would like any input from those with experience with an 8J ET25 wheel on the Up!.

If there are any pictures out there as well that would be extremely helpful and appreciated!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
An 8" wide wheel with an offset of ET25 will protrude approximately 10mm outside of the arch on the front, and about 5mm on the rear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - much appreciated! Is that from doing the maths based on experience from an 7J ET35 wheel or firsthand experience with an 8" ET25 wheel?

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
Thanks for the info - much appreciated! Is that from doing the maths based on experience from an 7J ET35 wheel or firsthand experience with an 8" ET25 wheel?
Neither, based on historic wheel fitment on both my own ups and others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts