Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know there are quite a few threads about bigger wheels for the Up!, but I couldn't find any reference to VW supplying their own 17s.

I was playing with the new car configurator yesterday and noticed that they now offer a 17 x7J "Polygon" wheels with 215/40 17 tyres for an extra £750 on the High Up! It doesn't mention sport suspension so it would be interesting to find out of they have made any suspension/bump stop alterations.

I'm sure they'll be available via your VW dealer, but if they are £750 as a factory option, god knows what a dealer will be charging. At least we now know the Up! is designed for 17s, and that should in theory help with insurance if you put 17s on your car.

Cheers,

Tim.

Edited by: Cornish Up!

·
Registered
265 Posts
nice find mate!

I also noticed the UP in the configurator has the VW Polo antenna, rather then that hideous long one

·
Registered
583 Posts
Cornish Up! said:
I'm sure they'll be available via your VW dealer, but if they are £750 as a factory option, god knows what a dealer will be charging.
320 GBP or thereabout, weren't they ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
_1S_ said:
Cornish Up! said:
I'm sure they'll be available via your VW dealer, but if they are £750 as a factory option, god knows what a dealer will be charging.
320 GBP or thereabout, weren't they ?

Do you mean per wheel & tyre?

·
Registered
677 Posts
i noticed this the other day! the wheels look sweeeeeet!! I think VW are adding all these cool bits just to tantalise me into buying a new Groove Up! haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
I first noticed it on drive the deal website, and it also stated that sports suspension comes with it as well as locking wheel nuts. Though the VW site does not confirm this.
Edited by: beachvibes

·
Registered
727 Posts
Cornish Up! said:
I was playing with the new car configurator yesterday and noticed that they now offer a 17 x7J "Polygon" wheels with 215/40 17 tyres for an extra £750 on the High Up!

I checked the car configurator on both the German and Swiss VW sites of which neither show an optional 17" wheel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
vwild1 said:
I checked the car configurator on both the German and Swiss VW sites of which neither show an optional 17" wheel.

Contact your local VW dealer and ask for a quote on ( 1S0 601 025 N FZZ ) they will be able to find them with that.

beachvibes said:
I first noticed it on drive the deal website, and it also stated that sports suspension comes with it as well as locking wheel nuts. Though the VW site does not confirm this.
I can find no mention of sports suspension anywhere.
interestingly the polygons with part number( 1S0 601 025 N FZZ ) are 6.5J x 17" and fit 205/40/R17 rather then 7J x 17" with 215/40/R17 as listed on the UK VW configurator.

Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try this for the options on drive the deal site, not sure if it is correct or not.

http://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/volkswagen/up+hatchback+special+eds/1.0+groove+up+3dr_60853.html

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Mulo said:
vwild1 said:

Contact your local VW dealer and ask for a quote on ( 1S0 601 025 M FZZ ) they will be able to find them with that.

beachvibes said:
I can find no mention of sports suspension anywhere.
interestingly the polygons with part number( 1S0 601 025 M FZZ ) are 6.5J x 17" and fit 205/40/R17 rather then 7J x 17" with 215/40/R17 as listed on the UK VW configurator.

I don't know why people still quote the tyre bead profile of wheels when writing specs. The J profile has been universal for years now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've ordered these wheels with mine. The sports suspension is included which explains why they look so expensive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Scrubnut said:
I've ordered these wheels with mine. The sports suspension is included which explains why they look so expensive.
Can you please ask your dealer what "sports suspension" includes??

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mulo said:
~15mm lower springs (nothing more). Amortizators and stabilizers are the same as for standard suspension.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I assume the shorter springs are also stiffer? £200 seems a lot for just shorter?

·
Registered
265 Posts
b82ry said:
Mulo said:
~15mm lower springs (nothing more). Amortizators and stabilizers are the same as for standard suspension.
15mm lower suspension is already standard on bluemotion..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts