Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am looking at getting some 17' wheels in Black..Will they fit straight on..And cant seem to find many so if you have some pics of some can you let me have them cheers
They are for my HighUp

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
17" wheels will have your fillings out on rough ground! good luck in your search, ;-)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't understand why the clever people can't invent a wheel attachment that fixes to the out rim to make it look like you've got 19 inch wheels without the expense of actually buying them.

Oh dear, they have, they are called wheel trims.

http://www.jagwheeltrims.co.uk/or similar, yeuch.

Sorry to those who like large wheels, tee hee.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm not quite sure I understand, are they not just part of some standard Jaguar BBS split rims? I don't think they're designed to make the wheel look bigger?!
And some cars need big wheels, following that example, would you put 14" steels on a 440bhp jag?
I understand the Up! doesn't exactly need them, but some find them aesthetically pleasing. Personally, I think 16" is as big as you need go, and I'm fact, I'd plug for some wide 15s and a good decking!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Privatedoc said:
17" wheels will have your fillings out on rough ground! good luck in your search, ;-)
Hé Privatedoc where do you get your wisdom from??

First of all : this is not true at all, there is almost no difference between 16 and 17 inch with the right tyres

Second : what are you going to do about the 17 inch on the Up GT that you're about to order?

·
Registered
619 Posts
It is just a question of taste methinks. I don't believe there will be much difference between 16" and 17" on the Up, which has quite soft suspension settings. Go from 14" to 17" though and you will notice a big difference. I actually prefer the ride quality of my car on 14", 70 profile tyres (winter boots) - they may not have the same visual appeal as 17" though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The link is working fine over here and I'm not even logged on to my Flickr account.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts