Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A TAKE UP AND AFTER ONLY 200 MILES I WAS GETTING AN ISSUE WHEN IN 5TH GEAR AND ACCELERATING ABOVE 5OMPH, YOU HAVE TO PUT THE THROTTLE ALL THE WAY DOWN SOMETIMES AS THE CAR IS LOW ON POWER BUT WHEN I WAS DOING THIS IT MADE A SOUND VERY LIKE AN OLD ENGINE, HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT ITS ABRASIVE AND CONSTANT WHEN FLOORING IN 5TH ABOVE 50MPH. YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU HEAR IT.

TRY IT YOURSELFS AS VW TOOK THE CAR OFF ME AS IT WAS A FOUND TO BE GEARBOX RELATED. I WAS ALSO GETTING A DELAYED GEAR ENGAGEMENT SOUND BETWEEN SHIFTS. TRY IT ON YOUR CAR WITH HEATER FAN AND STEREO OFF. ANYWAY THEY UPGRADED ME AND NOW THE NEW UP I HAVE GOT IS DOING THE SAME!! SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS A DODGY BATCH OUT THERE GUYS!!! VW HAVE JUST UPGRADED ME TO THE TOP MODEL WITH MAPS AND MORE!

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Edited by: mark72

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh know ??? hope its not on them al??l to be honest I would'nt know what I would be listening for, or feeling for but thanks for info

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just listen to any sound when you put your foot down hard on the accelerater ABOVE 50MPH and keep it there till 70mph. KEEP SLOWING DOWN TO 50MPH THAN FLOOR IT AGAIN, ONLY IN 5TH GEAR

it almost sound like an old diesel when it does it. if it does you have one of the batch of faulty ones.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Edited by: mark72

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thank you .... on the big day when I finally get it may come back to you for confirmation if thats ok

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OF COURSE, GREAT CAR EXCEPT FROM THIS AND VW WERE FANTASTIC IN SORTING IT AND UPGRADED ME TO TOP MODEL NOW

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the info, I should be getting my Take Up! Within the next two weeks, when I do, I'll check that out and let you know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No i wish it was, gearbox fault and i think we maybe about to hear a lot more of this<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks for bring it to everyone attentiion, im sure everyone who gets theirs will check theirs out and let us know who does and who doesnt have the problem so we can see if its widespread or not

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I HOPE IT ISNT AS IT WOULD LEAD TO A MAJOR RECALL<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think that people need to take this on face value and thanks for bringing it to everyones attention. But scare mongering isn't the right idea!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm amazed they had two spare up!s sitting around, they are like hens teeth down our way..Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
655 Posts
Same in my neck of the woods, they are now quoting september/october delivery!! Thats what you get for being world car of the year

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was only letting you guys know regarding my experience and made it clear its a great car but it is not without problems. I more just wanted to point at that if you hear an odd noise in 5th under acceleration it is a fault and requires a new gearbox.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No intentions in scaring people mr markymark but I am letting people know there is a problem in some ups under throtle in 5th gear. This is what forums are for.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Oh dear dosnt sound too good! I would suspect VW knows about it now and will check before handing the cars out!!

Thanks for the heads UP! *giggidy*

·
Registered
655 Posts
This is indeed what forums are for, but the notion of a recall written in capital letters can also alarm people, so that was my point.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Lets hope any problems are rectified on models in production! NOT as an after thought!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello I've had my Up! for 2 weeks now, my car is making a noise which I had questioned.

When I change gear and accelerate it makes a noise, hard to describe but almost a diesel sounding engine like noise. It doesn't happen all the time, the rest of the time the engine is silent.

I know it's hard to say but does that sound normal to all you current up! drivers or does this sound like the fault?!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts