Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done a speaker upgrade, but just replacing the two speakers rather than adding speakers? Is there a noticeable improvement to sound quality?

The difference between a 1 year old Move up and a brand new one(with speaker pack)is about £1500 (even with drive the deal)... ideally i want to trade in my Audi A2 for a 1 year old move up and do a simple speaker upgrade.

I like my music and sound quality and have been spoilt by a bose system in the Audi. Would replacing the two speakers with better ones be sufficient in creating a decent sound? What kind of cost would i be looking at?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I upgraded the front speakers in my Move up! - there should be a thread on it in the Technical section.

It certainly improved the sound (from adequate to nice) but highlighted the fact that the head unit is the weak link. The whole upgrade cost less than £100.

I would say that if you can find a way of upgrading the head unit, without losing that slick built in look, then upgrading the 2 front speakers would certainly move towards what you enjoyed in your Audi.

Don't forget, your Audi would have been a lot quieter inside, so a more hifi sound could be appreciated. In the up!'s noisier cabin, such a level of refinement may well not be audible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts