Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I was just reading another post on here and said speedo was different on 2013 model to 2012 model wanted to know if there are other changes I have ordered a car but is coming here in a week via a dealer transfer I want to check that it is the latest model
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Can't say for sure as I haven't made a direct comparison but I think the dials are the only cosmetic change. The 2013 model also has hill start assist which you will only notice if you can bring yourself not to use the handbrake for your hill start!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Mine does, but it only works on a significant incline...

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've not tried to see if it works yet, as there are surprisingly few steep hills in my area, just on the edge of the Fens. I'm sceptical, as you could get used to it and then get into another car and get caught by an expensive surprise.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Works a treat, holds just long enough to move foot frombrake to accelerator....seamless in operation....great device.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Heh, I also want the hill-start assist.. But I have my Up already from March 2012, so psychologically this compensates

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had hill start assist on a panda from 2004. It's very useful in my opinion. it helps pass crawling in the lake district.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've learned that there's also more changed that can be made with the computer at workshops. My local dealer told me that you can change several things in there.. Amongst them should be ability to have rear lights turned on permanently (safety boost around dusk and dawn + foggy weather) and that they should be able to lock the doors when you drive off and reach a speed over 20 kmph

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was a HH cynic but I admit I was wrong - very good little device, don't even notice it doing its thing!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
2013 (well 10/2012 on) £200 extra for white! No Reason whatsoever other than profiteering!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts