Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been receiving regular updates from my dealer regarding the order I placed for a Take Up.

They say my order has been delayed as the factory is now changing tocomply with the 2013 build requirements.

Not really worried about a slight delay, was just curiousif anyone knew what changes were being made to the Ups to bring them up to this requirement?

I have replied to the dealer email asking the same question but they have not got back to me (probably too busy updating all the other people waiting on builds).

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
? putting in the UP! GT line....heres hoping!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be good.
Will be interesting to see how the GT does when it crosses horns with the Abarth 500.

Edited by: AhabTheBad

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Abarth looks great on paper but its built from old biscuit tins....wouldn't like to hit anything in it , esp the essess version 160Bhp in a featherweight marshmallow!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely, after all, it's not the numberof horses you have in the engine, it's how many you can put on the road in a controlled way.
I like the idea of the108-bhp three-cylinder turbo with upgraded shocks and supension.

Would be nice ifa motoring show/program matched theUP! GT, Abarth 500 and Renaultsport Twingo against each other.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I'm sure that comparison test will be done by the mags/tv interesting!

·
Registered
587 Posts
AhabTheBad said:
Hello all,
I have been receiving regular updates from my dealer regarding the order I placed for a Take Up.

They say my order has been delayed as the factory is now changing tocomply with the 2013 build requirements.

Not really worried about a slight delay, was just curiousif anyone knew what changes were being made to the Ups to bring them up to this requirement?

I have replied to the dealer email asking the same question but they have not got back to me (probably too busy updating all the other people waiting on builds).

I thought MY13 was already in production and MY14 should start June 2013?

As the 500 being built ofbiscuittins that is way to strong more like Kelloggs Cornflakes box and double side tape...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Watched an old TOP GEAR on DAVE the other day. Did you realise that the body stiffness of an up! is 26% higher than that of an Aston Martin DB9 convertible.

I'm now telling everybody who talks to me about the up! that the body is stiffer than that of an Aston Martin! That stat always impresses.

James Bond 007 maybe should go for an up! in the next movie.

As for 2013 the VW website has not changed so orders are still being taken on thesame spec against which my own High up! is specified.

vup rider

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you've ever driven an old mini, it's clear that small cars tend to be more rigid than bigger heavier metal. It's also easier to get them round corners, stop them and enjoy the feel of the road.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
One change I've been notified of by my dealer whilst I was in last, is that Candy White has been removed from the standard spec list, and is being charged £250 for!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Davec86 said:
One change I've been notified of by my dealer whilst I was in last, is that Candy White has been removed from the standard spec list, and is being charged £250 for!
Shocker! Profiteering ???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Davec86 said:
I was also told this. Shocking

·
Registered
587 Posts
Davec86 said:

They are realising that they are not selling enoughmetalliccolours and too many candy white!! I wonder if this will happen across the VAG range or just VW?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can kind of see why metallic paint is generally more expensive but hiking the price of a solid colour because its popular is disgusting as is charging £50 for a spare wheel. Anyone see Watchdog tonight regarding spare wheels? Seems the repair kits some manufacturers supply are not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Have watchdog recorded... Need to watch it...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
I can kind of see why metallic paint is generally more expensive but hiking the price of a solid colour because its popular is disgusting as is charging £50 for a spare wheel. Anyone see Watchdog tonight regarding spare wheels? Seems the repair kits some manufacturers supply are not fit for purpose.
I've read on here that the repair kits ruin your tyres once used the tyre needs replacing!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes that was one of the issues mentioned on the programme. That's if you can get the kit to work in the first place!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Awful isn't it? Dealer told me they had simply put it up as it was so popular. Still, makes me glad I got mine in before the price hike :-D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts