Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’m selling my 2016 SEAT Mii FR-Line as I’ve recently changed cars. I’ve owned this car since it was brand new (HPI check may show 2 owners as it was briefly in my mother’s name). The car currently has 25701 miles on the clock but this may slightly increase as I’m still using it (albeit rarely nowadays).

It has a full service history (3 services at Grange Jaguar Swindon as part of a service plan and the most recent full service being done by myself in May 2020). It’s just had it’s MOT (no advisories) in June 2020. It has Continental EcoContact 5 tyres all around (front two were replaced in December 2019).

I’ve never experienced any issues with the car and it’s been faultless on all the journeys I’ve been on. Ridiculously cheap to insure, fuel and tax (only £20 annually). It’s been the perfect first car for me.

The damage worth mentioning is that one of the diamond cut alloys has been curbed but the other 3 are in mint condition. The fuel filler cap also came off last year but I used black mouldable glue to attach it back on and it’s been absolutely fine since.

Feel free to message me to talk about it further. I’m working from home now so I’m free anytime for a viewing/test drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nice looking car, great colour !

·
Registered
828 Posts
A great car to replace it with, no doubt. When you get fed up of that, try an Up Gti.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A great car to replace it with, no doubt. When you get fed up of that, try an Up Gti.......
Funnily enough I did test drive an Up! GTI when they came out but I couldn't justify the change from the Mii.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thank you! It's been a great car, I've had it for over 4 years now but time for a change! The green eyesore in the background is my new MX-5.
Never seen an MX-5 that colour! Is it a special edition or has it been resprayed?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi Liam
Nice car, had no idea that your headlights were SO different, i had assumed that the basic shape was the same across VAG UP/GO/Mii very smart, sorry to see you go. MX5? funny how our cars seem to attract and share driveway space with MX5's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Liam
Nice car, had no idea that your headlights were SO different, i had assumed that the basic shape was the same across VAG UP/GO/Mii very smart, sorry to see you go. MX5? funny how our cars seem to attract and share driveway space with MX5's
View attachment 5358
Very nice to see another 5 owner!

Yes, the Mii always looked more aggresive than the Up! but is quite amusing to see such an angry looking small car

·
Registered
243 Posts
We will be looking to buy a MX-5 in a few years for the wife's 50th. Looking at an ND and am torn between the 1.5 and the 2.0. The car was designed for the 1.5 and maybe less is more. Then the revised 2.0 with 184bhp seems like a proper sports car. Time for a few test drives.

Then the great car swap will start. When the wife gets her MX-5, our son will get her Mazda 2 and our daughter will get the Mii FR line to learn to drive in. Then maybe I will get the golf GTI I have always been after.

I have been a long term Mazda fan but my only bugbear with them has been the how thin and non durable the paintwork is.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The main problem, when you get a Golf GTi, is watching MX-5's disappear in rear view view mirror, and that sinking feeling that you may have left hairpsray in the MX-5's glovebox....

·
Registered
243 Posts
The main problem, when you get a Golf GTi, is watching MX-5's disappear in rear view view mirror, and that sinking feeling that you may have left hairpsray in the MX-5's glovebox....
Closer than you would think! Mark 7.5 GTi 0-60 is 6.4 secs vs 6.5 secs for 2018> MX-5. Won't be pulling away there!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ps. The wife is a hairdresser, had MX5's for 12 years 😎👌
Great car/ Mk1 would be my choice in French Blue
Less is more, a bit like the UP!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, yeah.... I'm here with a Citigo SE-L 75PS. It's an Up really, but nicer looking to my eye. (NB the Briskoda forum is just too snarky, and not very 'engineering' for my taste)

My days of performance cars are over, having had quite a few, in the US and the UK, but now I only do 2-3K miles a year here in Penzance, I like a smaller 'target' on the narrow roads, and being able to park anywhere !

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ps. The wife is a hairdresser, had MX5's for 12 years 😎👌
Great car/ Mk1 would be my choice in French Blue
Less is more, a bit like the UP!
Decent Mk1's must be like hens teeth these days. That's why I am interested in a Mk4 or ND with the 1.5 engine and 16 inch wheels. Seems to have been built with the same philosophy as the mk1 (simple & light). On autotrader prices start from about £9k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts