Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One owner from new - Just had its 2nd service at VW main dealers - immaculate condition, was a pre-reg with 12 miles on clock when i bought it. Everything is standard - no options.

Looking to sell mid January.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 3 similar cars in whole of uk for sale. Much more rare than a GTI :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Free set of winter steels with decent branded winter tyres. Still loads of tread left.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone? Make an offer. Mint car going to wbac in a few weeks if no takers

·
Registered
550 Posts
What have you been offered by WBAC? Reason I ask is because my wife has an early basic Beats, 60 BHP, 17 plate, low road tax, with 19500 miles on the clock, and was offered just under £6000 for it last week. Now dropped to £5700. Your car should be worth quite a bit more.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been offered £7100 from a dealer, want £7350 private, complete bargain for somebody, selling for 8600 ish at dealers, need to sell by Tues 28th January or going to the dealers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another immaculate car going to dealers. No idea why people dont buy privately and go on holiday with the difference.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most decent cars are bought on finance or leased these days. Less people around buying for cash. Somebody will be happier paying £175 a month for your car from the dealer who ends up with it.

Personally I tend to buy for cash, nearly new, once somebody else has taken the initial hit.

I might look at leasing next time as so much uncertainty in the car market. The government has demonised diesel, failed to commit to a proper electric car charging network and more and more city councils are talking about banning certain cars from City centres. A lot of people are unsure where the car market is going and therefore less buy with cash.

Sure it cant be helped but not the best time just before/after Xmas to be selling privately as most people are skint!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Personally I tend to buy for cash, nearly new, once somebody else has taken the initial hit.
This. Saved as near as makes no difference 50% on the mx5 for a 2 year old car with 20000 on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got 7200 in the end as didnt need fronts changed. So much better than wbac.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts