Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Apologies… half the posts on the FB UP group seem to be DRL related. They couldn’t really help with this one though so I hope you can.
2018 Move Up.
I’m getting an issue where my LED drls are all over the place. With no key in I’m getting, in the different headlight switch positions, 0 LEDs lit, then just RH LED lit, and again, just RH LED lit.
With the ignition key in I’m getting 2x LEDs lit, then 2x LEDs lit, and in Pos 3; two headlights + just the drivers side LED lit. I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. The LH DRL bulb has clearly not blown, as it comes on with the key in. Any clue guys? TIA.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
You probably know, but all Up DRLs (LED or filament) have two brightness levels. When headlights are on, or if you are using the DRLs as parking lights (ign off, light switch in first position), they use the lower brightness mode. If, when ign off, you have the turn indicator in the L or R position, you'll get only dimmed L or R DRLs on as "one side" parking lights, even with the light switch off. In both these cases, the car will 'ding' at you to let you know lights will be on when you leave (or at least, mine does). Does this help? I'm wondering if one or more of your DRL has lost a bright or a dim mode?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably know, but all Up DRLs (LED or filament) have two brightness levels. When headlights are on, or if you are using the DRLs as parking lights (ign off, light switch in first position), they use the lower brightness mode. If, when ign off, you have the turn indicator in the L or R position, you'll get only dimmed L or R DRLs on as "one side" parking lights, even with the light switch off. In both these cases, the car will 'ding' at you to let you know lights will be on when you l
You probably know, but all Up DRLs (LED or filament) have two brightness levels. When headlights are on, or if you are using the DRLs as parking lights (ign off, light switch in first position), they use the lower brightness mode. If, when ign off, you have the turn indicator in the L or R position, you'll get only dimmed L or R DRLs on as "one side" parking lights, even with the light switch off. In both these cases, the car will 'ding' at you to let you know lights will be on when you leave (or at least, mine does). Does this help? I'm wondering if one or more of your DRL has lost a bright or a dim mode?
No, didn’t know about the brightness levels (I only got the car 2 weeks ago) and yes, that would explain it. Thanks for such a helpful response!
Only problem now is that I believe the facelift DRLs can’t be replaced without changing the whole headlamp unit.,, 😞
Thanks again though!

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Not sure - my Citigo has twin H7 bulbs, and thus is a different lamp unit to the single H4 bulb unit on the Up version, so I'm not sure what is involved - for each - should new LEDs be needed....

Someone on here will know and comment soon enough!

Reactions: MartyB
1 - 4 of 4 Posts