Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 VW e-Up! which I'm very much enjoying, I've noticed on occasion, if I set the climate control to 20.5, radio to BBC radio (for example) and make a phone call and turn the volume up high these settings seem to be forgotten once the car is switched off and I get back in.

When I get back in the temperature has been reset back to 22, the radio to Absolute 80's and the phone volume is down low - I'm the only driver so am puzzled why this would be.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Lee (and welcome, good choice of car :D)

I'm afraid what you're describing is just a 'feature of the model, sir'. It's quite a common complaint for those things not to be remembered, along with the lane assist being OFF.

There is a method to solve the problem but it involves using OBDEleven to change the car settings. My e-up is a PCH so it's not something I'm going to dick with but I probs would if I'd bought the car and was planning to keep it long term.

·
Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
111 Posts
I have a 2022 VW e-Up! which I'm very much enjoying, I've noticed on occasion, if I set the climate control to 20.5, radio to BBC radio (for example) and make a phone call and turn the volume up high these settings seem to be forgotten once the car is switched off and I get back in.

When I get back in the temperature has been reset back to 22, the radio to Absolute 80's and the phone volume is down low - I'm the only driver so am puzzled why this would be.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
The air con temperature resetting is a feature of the e-up!, it can be changed with VCDS or similar and there is a thread on here explaining how. A/C resetting to 72F / 22C in e-UP
I’d guess the radio is a similar story but it’s so rare I use i that I just put up with a few seconds of absolute 80s before I’ve hit the preset for 6music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts