Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont post too often, but its only fair to share my experence so far. The car has loosened up very nicely, still hasn,t gone past 75 and 3500 revs. The car is absolutley fantastic. NO funny noises at all. UP the gearbox and down the gearbox !!!. Personally, i dont try to pull out of 5th at 30 or 40. I detailed the car the other day and not a single mark in sight. The paintwork is very good for a mass produced car.No clunks, squeaks or rattles. The car feels confident on the road and pulls cleanly. Not sure what else to say. Still look forward to getting into it. Fantastic little motorcar !!!!!. One minor critisism which isn,t the cars fault. I need to get some speakers in the back. Do miss the all around sound.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks for the review. All good to know

Glad I ordered the sound pack, hope it sounds like it was worth the money Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Glad I ordered the sound pack, hope it sounds like it was worth the money
Worth it for the wiring alone !

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks, ianp. For me, as one who is still thinking about ordering, this helps a lot. I've been holding back, as there are some scary posts about clunks and diesel noises, etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No strange noises to report at all. There has been some discussion about a buzzy noise at low revs in 5th. Well i can confirm mine too makes a noise if you try to pull out of 5th at 30-40 mph. Its the normal sound of a three cylinder engine asking politely for you to change down. Simple. Any engine becomes angry if you demand the impossible of it !!!!!!!!. Going to sort out speakers for the rear. It really is a proper little motor car that attracts attention, and personally............ looks real cool in white !!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Agreed. I currently have a 12 reg err... other brand car with a 999cc three-cylinder engine, and I have adjusted my driving style to suit.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
good to know she is still going strong at 2500miles, i agree, the noise i get trying to accellerate at a low speed in 5th just sounds like the car going "hey excuse me, im not a ferrari you know!"

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Mine seems to be losing the so called tractor noise. I've done over 4,000 miles, and when I accelerate, there is a deeper sound, but not diesel, just a bit deeper, as if the engine is saying "Ooooh, it's hard work this you know, go easy with that right foot", but definitely no somerset accent or whiff of rough cider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts