Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

This is the picture-series of the 2DIN install in my up!.
This is a temporary install only, but just had to do it. Next project is already done, I will share some pictures later on.

Hope you like...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
AMAZING

what a talent you have.........

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys so much for the nice feedback.

It's a pleassure to show such projects, when getting positive response.

Itzben: A LOT of MODs:-
At present I'm running a car-pc system with an 8" touschscreen integrated in the center dash (the 2DIN install only lasted for 3 days).
The goal is to have a 10.1" touchscreen integrated, but then I will have to re-locate the "buttons" from the dash at first, and this takes more time than I have at the moment.

I'm going for an audiophile setup, so I will be running either a 3-way (woofer, midrange, tweeter) install in front, or a 4-way (sub-woofer, woofer, midrange, tweeter). The 4-way is my biggest wish, but it depends on if I can get enough enclosure-volume "inside" the dash-board to have a woofer installed.
I have "hacked" a home-stereo DAC to be running from 12VDC, so this will be used as the audio-source.

My UP! is going to be an SQ-car, and I'm much focussed on having a perfect sound reproduction inside, so a lot of projects and MODs will follow in regards to this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mjölner: Thanks dude:-In regards to the 1DIN, you know that VW has the original center-dash with 1DIN slot? So no need for any mod'ing at all...Just change the bezel/dash...

Y-Mii: Glad to hear that. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mjölner: Ok, good. It just sounded like you was going to mod the original bezel to match a 1DIN, which would be waste of time.

What do you mean with M&M?? Is it the navi-system?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, sure, of course...I forgot that.It should work the same way, as it just runs into the AUX of the RDC210 now, so as long as you'll have a HU that has AUX, there should be no problem.

I can tell you that you'll notice a BIG difference in the audio reproduction when changing the HU.
Frankly speaking the standard HU in the UP! is some of the worst I have ever heard, so you should look much forward to the change-out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Aze, I hope you can read this message after 3 years from your last. I've seen your AMAZING work to place a double din in your Up!. I need to ask you one thing. I want to make the same tranformation but I don't know how to made or to create the parts to place the 2 din car stereo and the air conditioning commands. Is there a way for me to buy them from you? In affermative case, I'm very interested to buy them. Please send me an email to [email protected]. Thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ætereo: Sorry for the delay in my response. I haven't been logged on in here for a long time!

Have you found a solution?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ætero:
OK. I'm actually working on a DIY KIT, for the 2DIN conversion, as I have had a lot of reuests for this!
There's a lot of things to have in mind when designing it, but the first prototype is already done, and some small changes are about to be made, before having it mass-fabricated!
I can send you more details in a PM if you have any interest...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, I wrote you PM, pls, when will be kit ready? I need only new clima panel cover ... thx for info and for your great work! Daniel
Edited by: danikd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts