Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to report some good news. My VW up! ordered beginning of April will be coming with a second remote key.

Following the advice on this forum I complained direct to VW customer care on Wednesday who were more thanaccommodatingin arranging to pay for the second remote key andnegotiated on my behalf with the acquiring dealership to agree to code the new key. They confirmed this to me by phone today.

Thanks fellow up owners for the advice on this forum!! Roll on the next 2 weeks when I should get my wee up!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ccup did the dealer tell at the point of sale that there was only one remote key?
If they did then you do not have a case.
There are several threads on here about this.
If you were unaware then do what upupandaway did and talk to VW customer service as it worked for them

·
Registered
423 Posts
For me the key confusion is no big deal.........spare key seldom get used in the two to three years I keep a car. That said if two people regularly used the car then a second remote key would avoid any aggro over who got the 'best' key.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Although I have been promised a 2nd remote key (see other threads about my dealings with vw customer services), as yet my dealerhasn'tyet received the key. Seems that the wait for the 2nd key may also be long (hopefully not too long!)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I called VW customer services weeks ago and I just received a call te other day to go in and get it, although they need to update their systems before I can get it.

But I was told that the reason it took a few weeks to arrive is because they had to submit a claim to VW and get it through tune warranty! Which took some time he said.

So don't worry, you will get your key, just a matter of time

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I asked parts department about an extra remote key they told me it takes 6-10 weeks to arrive as they come from Germany. (I assume an old retired guy must walk over with it)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah my key took a couple of weeks to arrive, they ordered it before i got the car and it arrived few days after i got the car

·
Registered
66 Posts
In France, if you order a 2nd key with the car, it's a special price of 60 Euros.
My Up was in stock, then it's like an "after initial Up order" and then the key price goes up to 125 Euros + 50 Euros for encoding = 175 Euros !!!
Nearly 3 times the price when you order it with a non already built car...
The delay here is around 4 weeks to have it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Our dealer has confirmed that he will sort out a 2nd remote key as the brochure we ordered from stated as such. We did go armed with the original brochure though......the new literature has been changed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hope mine comes with two remote keys as i'm sharing mine with my boyfriend, i will have to double check the brochure i got

·
Registered
128 Posts
It mentions it in the options bit. Its on the comfort pack bit,states that 2 remotes come with the comfort pack and thatits optional on Take UP! but standard on models above that...

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've now found it on page 18 of the 1 November 2011 printing of the blue landscape-format brochure (the date is on the back cover, below the blurb for the Volkswagen Information Service), which was the only brochure available at the dealers when I was trying out the car and placing my order back in mid-April.

This is what was written about the Comfort pack (with my emphasis):
The Comfort pack for Take up! models aims to take some of the stress out of driving with some handy additions and comprises electric front windows, remote central locking with two remote folding keys, driver's seat height adjustment, two-tone horn, warning "lights on" buzzer and a parking light. Optional on Take up! Standard on all other models.

Nick

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rang my dealer about this today, they wereadamantI would only get one key, but as soon as i mentioned the posts on this forum and the fact I was willing to take this all the way up!, they soon came round and said they would see what they could do

·
Registered
128 Posts
Your dealer is rubbish then!.....I thought the whole point of using a franchised main dealer was that they did the 'dealing!!'. If the car had come with a wheel missing would you have been phoning VW or them!? Once we showed the original literature to our dealer he said no problem.

Just been in to pick up my second remote from my dealer....we picked up the car on Saturday 9th June and they sent the request in for the extra key on the Monday. So anyone being quoted 6 to 10 weeks is being lied to!

I caught a peek at the invoice today when he was handing over the key and the price the stealer paid was £111...nice mark up if they charge £250!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Especially considering that it only takes 10 minutes to code in!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts